IGNORED

Diet Tips for the Fitness Challenge

Rusty

Post your diet tips here:

Tip #1:  Don't drink your calories  (except for beer, beer don't count)

A large sweet coffee has 200 more calories than a medium coffee with milk and sugar.  

Replacing 1 large sweet coffee each day with a medium with milk and sugar = 73,000 calories / year.  That's 20 lb. in body weight each year.       

Edited by Rusty

try intermittent fasting. I did the traditional “meal plan” and exercise for 3 years. Yes I lost 100lbs doing that but it was miserable. Eating bland food all the time and 1 cheat meal per week. I switched to intermittent fasting 2 years ago. I wish I knew about it a long time ago. As long as you track what you eat (I use the app MyFitnessPal) and stay within the macros that you set for your goals, you will achieve what you’re looking to do. I have maintained my weight at 215lbs for 2 years while intermittent fasting. The greatest part about it is that you can eat what you want and yet still achieve your goals. If you want a full break down on how it works go on YouTube and look up Blake_201. He has a bunch of videos that explains how it works and you can check out the meals he eats. He goes to my gym so I can tell you personally that it is legit. He did loose weight doing it and he does actually eat those meals haha.

try intermittent fasting. I did the traditional “meal plan” and exercise for 3 years. Yes I lost 100lbs doing that but it was miserable. Eating bland food all the time and 1 cheat meal per week. I switched to intermittent fasting 2 years ago. I wish I knew about it a long time ago. As long as you track what you eat (I use the app MyFitnessPal) and stay within the macros that you set for your goals, you will achieve what you’re looking to do. I have maintained my weight at 215lbs for 2 years while intermittent fasting. The greatest part about it is that you can eat what you want and yet still achieve your goals. If you want a full break down on how it works go on YouTube and look up Blake_201. He has a bunch of videos that explains how it works and you can check out the meals he eats. He goes to my gym so I can tell you personally that it is legit. He did loose weight doing it and he does actually eat those meals haha.

IF is good stuff it basically gets you to break free of the "i must eat breakfast, lunch ,  dinner and snacks" mindset every xyz hours to lose weight....to keep it simple .... it doesn't matter when you eat...one meal a day is fine even just get enough protein in daily, DON"T do a completely fat free diet and keep the calories in weight loss range. 

If you want the scale to move really quick eat 1500 calories a day, workout, keep carbs low, protein high and fat moderate.

An example would be eat a slab of deer meat 700 grams approx 840 calories, a bag of broccoli 160 calories and 4 oz  of almonds 650 calories and you can be at 1500 easily and that's it for the day ... tough it up and the weight will peel off. Some days you can trade off the broccoli and almonds for beer as long as you work the beer in you'll be fine trust me. 

Stop eating so much!!

No so easy this time of year.. I had all my sales guys buying lunch this past week, I ate like a pig!! I could never turn down free food. I don't care what it is I'll eat if it's free, they don't call me a garbage can at work for no reason...lol, I love food....then as far as beer, I keep it in the basement and only grab one at a time this way I get some kind of work out going up and down the stairs

Edited by Psehunter

Weight Loss Tips: Minimize the Calories in Your Whiskey Drinks

If you want to keep the calorie count low, you need to choose your whiskey drinks carefully. Here are some tips to help you make good choices:

Drink It Neat (Straight Up)

If you’ve got good whiskey, don’t spoil it with mixers. Enjoy it straight up, all on its own with no additions. This is called drinking it “neat.” This works well with a nice Scotch Whiskey, Jameson Irish Whiskey, or a nice bourbon like Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve.

But remember, it’s not a shot. The idea is to sip it slowly and enjoy it. And your Jameson’s, Pappy’s, or whiskey of your choice will have only 97 calories per drink.

Drink it On the Rocks (Add Ice)

If you don’t like it neat, try it over ice. That’s called drinking it on the rocks.

Ice has zero calories, so you’ll also be enjoying your whiskey at only 97 calories per drink.

Bourbon and Branch (Water)

You can also add some water to your whiskey. This is usually done with bourbon whiskey. It’s called Bourbon and Branch, which refers to water from a stream. But you can, of course, just add a splash of plain water. And you can do it with any whiskey.

Note that some purists will be quite unhappy with you if you “water down” bourbon — they believe you should only drink it neat. But some others argue that a splash of water actually opens up the bourbon and expands the range of flavors.

Either way, water is “free” when it comes to calories, so you’ll still be drinking only 97 calories.

Tip: Drink in Moderation to Cut Calories and Boost Your Health!

While you may have heard that red wine has many health benefits, it’s actually the alcohol in the wine that makes it healthy. So, all alcohol has most of the same health benefits as red wine. That includes your favorite kind of whiskey!

That means that drinking whiskey will improve your cardiovascular health, boost your brain power, and a whole lot more.

But, you only get the health benefits of whiskey when you drink in moderation. That means about 2 drinks a day for men and 1 drink per day for women. If you drink more, the health benefits disappear and the alcohol starts to hurt your health.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.