IGNORED

Man Stuff - March 10

Rusty

Cooking meat over an open fire, splitting wood, shooting REAL bows, Home-Brew Smack-Down, Game Dinner .  .  .  .    

When:  March 10,  (noon - dark:30)

Where:  Jersey Jay's Place,   74 Van Horn rd, Fredon, NJ

Who:  Yes girls can come too.  And dogs are strongly encouraged to attend also.    

What:  Game Dinner, Home-brew challenge,  wood splitting, bow shooting, "beat the crossbow challenge",  freehand compound vs crossbow challenge,  and other Man Stuff.    

1.  Jerseyjaystaxidermy+3:  venison cornbread and butter sauteed backstrap on biscuits. 

2.  Bucksnbows:  braised pheasant and chukar breasts with Sour Cream and Grapes over wild rice. 

3.  Rusty and the Beard:  Grilled teriyaki back straps  
4.  Nomad and Son:  Moose if I can get myself to part with any.
5.  not on the rug
6.  LPJR and Jr.  Goose Meatballs with other dishes TBA.........
7.  JHBowhunter:  Meat on a Stick, possible "Venison Poppers"
8.  TroutandBucks  
9.  Haskell Hunter:  home-brew
10.  Buck154

11.  Tarhunt:  venison chili, jerky, pepperoni and cider

13.  TDietz:  spam

14.  51smd

15.  3 Blade

16.  Lphunsjr

17.  Ghostbear:  sauce   

19.  megavites:  home-brew  

20.  Sticks-n-Stones

21.  Livesintrees

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 5.51.16 AM.png

Edited by Rusty

I will be there, it's only a few miles away so I have no excuse (unless I can be out of the country).

I suppose I can try to improve on the venerable "venison meat & cheese stick" recipe, I learned last year to not get too fancy, adding mushrooms just made them fall apart.    The thing you want about meat and cheese on a stick - is to actually have the meat and cheese on the stick...  I may just go back to the original prototype which worked fine.

Let me know if we need another quad or hydraulic wood splitter there.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Please add the "$100 bill on a string" challenge for the x-bow users...   We will prove at 30 yards the human reflex pulling a string is faster than the speed of an x-bow bolt.   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:    :praying:  :praying:  :praying:      :happywave:  :happywave:  :happywave:  

I shot a big 10pt once….

Please add the "$100 bill on a string" challenge for the x-bow users...   We will prove at 30 yards the human reflex pulling a string is faster than the speed of an x-bow bolt.   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:    :praying:  :praying:  :praying:      :happywave:  :happywave:  :happywave:  

:bighello:  :whoo:  :rock:  :bighello:  :whoo:  :rock:  :bighello:  :whoo:  :rock:

:bighello:  :whoo:  :rock:  :bighello:  :whoo:  :rock:  :bighello:  :whoo:  :rock:

Don't be overjoyed, I was thinking you would be the guy pulling the string at 30 yards, and in order to simulate a deer's reaction, I can't have you but a few yards from the $100 bill.

I shot a big 10pt once….