IGNORED

2017 bear season. lets see them.

nb6624

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats all the pics i can find on my phone. but there was more. glad its over and wont miss any of them. For the antis....try living in bear country. you will then understand why the hunt is a necessity. I cant imagine what 5 years without control is going to do to the ecosystem.

5 yrs?  Just think about recruitment if 1/2 the population is females and they each have 2-5 cubs at maturity.  500 (that is a conservative estimate, may be as high as 2000) sows at 2+yrs of age=1000 new bears at least, each spring so you can do the math on what happens in 5 years. 

Ratio is 50/50 at birth but ratio is 1 male to 4-5 females after maturity so one male can do a lot of breeding.  I pulled the following statement from the An Analysis of the Feasibility of Using Fertility Control to Manage New Jersey Black Bear Populations produced in 2006.

Although the Division of Fish and Wildlife and the New Jersey Fish and Game Council are committed to advancing the science of non-lethal population control measures for black bears, at this time there is no FDA approved contraceptive drug or sterilization drug available for bears. 

thats all the pics i can find on my phone. but there was more. glad its over and wont miss any of them. For the antis....try living in bear country. you will then understand why the hunt is a necessity. I cant imagine what 5 years without control is going to do to the ecosystem.

Crazy amount of big bears your gang harvested.

Looking at weights in them figure a few world records will be taken on your place when the season reopens

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/