IGNORED

Grice special run 35 Whelen carbine

It's been a long 8 years was going to have my 270 carbine rebored to 35 Whelen. But in 2018 they coming out with a carbine pump gun in 35 Whelen.

Already put my deposit on one. Actually now I also have the 270 to hunt with , not sure what scope yet on either.

It will be funny to see how much the original carbines plummet in price now , just like the 1996 browning abolt shotgun that was selling at close to 3 grand until browning came back out with the new one.

Pump gun fans it's a early Xmas !!!!!!!!!

Prices won't plummet. They are no where near old Remington quality. Synthetic stock with that shit finish receiver. They dont even compare.

any Remington firearm (shotgun, and rifles) made today are crap compared to what they made 8 years ago and beyond.....it's amazing how the quality went down hill about 8 years ago. They are having major internal problems in their front office, that in turn is hurting quality. They hurt Marlin, and H&R

I purchased a 1187 SPS Deer slug gun in 20ga back in I think 2011, early 2017 the action was locked backed, called Remington they said I can either return it to them or take it to a a authorized gunsmith for repairs and to submit the bill for reimbursement if it is found to be defective. well it was the action bar that cracked. I submitted the bill with a detail repairs from the gunsmith and a picture of the action bar, and even said if they wanted the cracked action bar returned to them, 2 weeks later they denied my request for reimbursement 

Edited by BHC

No comparison between old and new Remington.  New stuff is mediocre at best, personally I would not waste good money on any new Remington.  The new ones may just move prices of the old rifles higher as they are much more desirable to own.

Nomad...If you have two rifles and want a carbine have one cut down, doesn't cost much, won't lose value and you'll have a Remington you can be proud to own.

Nomad...If you have two rifles and want a carbine have one cut down, doesn't cost much, won't lose value and you'll have a Remington you can be proud to own.

I was thinking of the new carbines more as an investment as they were highly sought after and had a somewhat "cult" following, (in 35 Whelen )and that was in the full length. The carbines were almost non existent.