IGNORED

Now That 6 Day Shotgun Season Is Over.............

BHC

As much as I love being out there, it sucked in terms of seeing 4 does for a week, but then whatever bucks made it, most likely will be around come 2018 season and be bigger. In fact I like that there are less hunters, as I didn't see anyone. The shotgun is cleaned and stored away until next time, I'll be out next Saturday with the smokepole then if time permits me winter bow.

I think this was the 3rd or 4th year in a row that we had crappy weather for opening day of 6 day

From now until February, there just getting started in my zone, instead of controlling themselves because of the obvious decrease in Deer numbers in the neighborhood, the clubs around me will be hammering anything that moves, I heard a single shot this morning right behind the house! The Seasons over WTF ! Thank god I pretty much gave up on NJ deer hunting and have moved on to greener pastures.

I donno what all the fuss is over 6day...we still have two months of hunting so your all around sportsman could still have 3 buck tags in their pockets ( muzzy, shotgun ,winter bow) and you still have shotgun season that hasn't started plus muzzy still going on for another month....with the two muzzy days and 6 days that's only 8 days worth of gun hunting so far..there is still alot of time left and I guarantee that at least 95% of guys on here me included are still going to be chasing bucks for another month and a half imo

I donno what all the fuss is over 6day...we still have two months of hunting so your all around sportsman could still have 3 buck tags in their pockets ( muzzy, shotgun ,winter bow) and you still have shotgun season that hasn't started plus muzzy still going on for another month....with the two muzzy days and 6 days that's only 8 days worth of gun hunting so far..there is still alot of time left and I guarantee that at least 95% of guys on here me included are still going to be chasing bucks for another month and a half imo

depends on the zone(s) one hunts......Zone 4 is very limited in days

I just pulled cards from two cams in my neighborhood - and was very extremely please to see all the bucks I been watching survived 6-day. Unfortunately, they have a long way to go to survive.   I got down last night at 5pm, and only saw a fox and button buck.  At 5:05 a real nice 10pt I been watching all season showed. I knew I had at least 5 more minutes of light I could "see" to shoot, especially with the snow - very happy how it worked out, I said all season I wanted to let that buck live another year, and didn't ever want to be tempted.  A real nice 7pt showed after him, and I know he has a bit of a limp, he was hit with a crossbow back in October - that buck I have been thinking about shooting.   At least 6 other bucks (all 1.5 year olds and a 2.5 year old 6pt) showed after that, bucks that seemed to have vanished a month ago, just magically reappeared.    Just so ironic - I sat there with what I thought was a good wind, and 5 minutes after I got down, the floodgates opened with bucks and does. 
​I could have even shot that 7pt with bow this morning at 7am, had I been motivated to get out of bed.        Taking a break for a while, maybe do a hunt next weekend. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….