IGNORED

Never forget

gobblergetter

I have a 100yr old Pearl Harbor survivor that comes into my pizzeria once a week.

Such a positive beautiful soul that has never uttered a bad word about anyone (atleast in my presence).

He is not allowed to pay, he is welcome to eat whatever he wants, free of charge.

Edited by 68Ioweu1

This historical event is a fascinating read if you have time to look into it.  How it happened that day, why it was so effective for the Japanese to do what they didn't, and then the subsequent changes to our military afterwards still resonates today.

It's a sad day, we should all take a moment to pause and reflect on the sacrifice our soldiers gave that day.  It also started a very bloody and terrible war in the Pacific that ended with the beginning of the nuclear weapons age.  The world changed forever that day.  Never forget.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

If the Pearl Harbor attack occurred during the the reign of the prior administration there is no doubt that we would have not only apologized to the Japanese for provoking them into attacking us but would have also offered our regrets and payment to the world for the environmental disaster that our sinking ships had unleashed.      

There are few other world events that had such an impact to motivate this country. What needed to be done, got done. Many never overcame the sacrifice made while many more paid the ultimate price. I am totally at a loss of words for the lack of coverage on such an event that defines who we are. Have we slipped into the abyss where history doesn't matter anymore? God bless those brave souls. Never forget. 

I have a 100yr old Pearl Harbor survivor that comes into my pizzeria once a week.

Such a positive beautiful soul that has never uttered a bad word about anyone (atleast in my presence).

He is not allowed to pay, he is welcome to eat whatever he wants, free of charge.

Good man.

My 95 year old mom is still with us, she was an Australian Army nurse in the WWII Pacific theater. There aren't many of these folks left.