Rusty

Why Maine will Never have Antler Restrictions

Remember why Pa started APRs in the first place.  It was to get hunters to shoot more does, not to produce more big bucks for hunters.  

Gary Alt implemented APRs for one purpose and one purpose only, to get hunters to shoot more does.  When he was put in charge of the deer program he was given one directive, save Pa's forests by drastically reducing the deer herd.  The only way to reduce the deer herd was to get hunters to shoot more does.  To get hunters to shoot more does he implemented APRs.  

and it worked.....many hunter's at first called him every name in the book

Actually it's not, if you really understand what they are saying.  

they are the experts, and over the years they have proven it works, and it shows it's working in the harvest pictures I see from hunters, and from hunters I know hunting the same areas for many years, decades they see a vast improvement in buck size, and the does and fawns are healthy

Same old argument.  Same people saying the same thing on each side. 

I wonder if a deer can dodge an arrow in one tenth of a second?  Let's get back to that one.  BHC: why don't you post that you're getting the itch again?   :rofl:

I wonder if a deer can dodge an arrow in one tenth of a second?  Let's get back to that one.  BHC: why don't you post that you're getting the itch again?   :rofl:

APRs increase the age of bucks, therefore creating more educated and alert bucks, therefore more bucks that are capable of ducking a crossbow bolt in 1/10 of a second.   It's all tied together.

APRs increase the age of bucks, therefore creating more educated and alert bucks, therefore more bucks that are capable of ducking a crossbow bolt in 1/10 of a second.   It's all tied together.

Makes complete sense.  We'll need a 600 FPS crossbow to even have a hope of recovery if they implement state wide APRs in NJ.  And, that's if we limit our shots to 10 yards.  

any more itches, and I will see a doctor and get a Ointment  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

How about .... just one buck a year, any one you like. I don't know, maybe a second buck, with an AR on that one? Or, am I too simplistic? Or, not enough money for DFW?

This is like one of those "studies" of sex where they "determine" many men are attracted to women with large boobs.

I'm a hiney man, but that's not important now.

A person buys their license and permits before they even go out into the woods. It isn't until they are in the woods will they have to make the decision to shoot or not based on ARs (if they exist). So it seems to me, unless I'm reading it wrong, this is actually better for hunters, more chance of actually putting the license/permit to use.

Correct newjerseyhunter,,, It has nothing to do with money, It's Maine, not NJ. Anyone that's ever been to Maine wo​uld be able to tell that they aren't out to ripoff the hunters.

• Agree 1

as many bucks can be legal to shoot at just 1.5year 2 1/2 years  old, case in point was the 1.5 year old basket 12 point that was shot the second year of that hunt, I saw this deer and was shocked a buck that young could have that many points!! 

That Statement about a Basket 12 Pointer is a Dangerous one being 1 1/2 years old 

As this one Aged In Trenton when I had it scored was aged between 1 1/2 to 2 years old.

when I posted that on the other site I was attacked for BS.  when I gave back seems they could not take it and I was Banned Nothing Lost.

The area was in Oldwick Warren County The Heard he came from had more of the same sizes all the years we hunted there all were super large and healthy.  Glad this was posted by you about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 bucks with big racks as Antlers are not a sign of how old a deer is Food Minerals play an important role along with Genes.

If you R traveling west on RT 78 near Oldwick there are High Voltage lines crossing it follow them to the top of that Hill and you have where he came from.  There are even some on this site that most likely remember the Bashing Like I give a  :censored:   . 

msg-1645-0-14583000-1481313120.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck