IGNORED

Cops called on me

gobblergetter

"Unfortunately with everything going on in this country some people just live on edge"

Β 

​Sort of true but not exactly IMO.... The problem is the law.. The government in NJ is doing its best to keep guns out of sight.. And in doing so people aren't accustomed to seeing firearms.. So they think the worst when they do see one.. They don't know the difference between a threat and a hunter.. or a threat and someone exercising their right to bear arms...  ​In free states you don't have that kind of problem unless you get some ding bat from a communist state move in.. the good thing is their stupidity goes largely ignored.. sooner or later they become, shall we say, acclimated to free America.. either that or they run back to where they came from..Β 

Β 

I was in a convenience store a week or so ago in a free state.. there was a black man open carrying a glock.... nobody cared.. including the cop who was there getting his morning fix of coffee and donuts... :cupcoffee:Β 

:D

Its the see something say something thing that is pushed ad nauseam to a public that doesn't have a clue to what they are seeing that merits the phrase. Like the gun cookie shown by a kid in school whose record is scarred as he is suspended from school. All driven by a progressive media that pleasures in driving mass hysteria. Good god please bring back common sense, please.

They just let you go? No issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I offered my hunting license , then they wanted my drivers license (to confirm my I.d. ) then my firearms i.d. card. Everything checked out.

I was 100% legit. So no issues...like I mentioned in original post, the cops were pretty cool about it and we actually joked around a little bit. My grip or disbelief is with the general public and how things have changed over the years...what will it be like in another 30 or 40 years ?!?!

I offered my hunting license , then they wanted my drivers license (to confirm my I.d. ) then my firearms i.d. card. Everything checked out.

I was 100% legit. So no issues...like I mentioned in original post, the cops were pretty cool about it and we actually joked around a little bit. My grip or disbelief is with the general public and how things have changed over the years...what will it be like in another 30 or 40 years ?!?!

I'm really hoping that I'll be dead by then and buried in a different state.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Glad nothing came of it , it could have been a lot worse if they felt like jamming you up . It's unfortunately only going to get worse . I was in for a total culture shock this year on my first Maine hunting trip . My cousin found it funny when I went to case my firearm when we were done , or before moving to the next spot . Toss them in the truck unloaded of course and go. Taking advantage of constitutional carry the entire time

Up there was another first for me also .

"I offered my hunting license , then they wanted my drivers license (to confirm my I.d. ) then my firearms i.d. card"

Β 

Why Did you need to show a Fire Arms ID?.. You don't need a FID for possession..

My guess would be because he was stopped at work and stopping while outside of a hunting activity or a shooting activity would be in that "gray area" where the fid becomes an advantageous thing to have .

"I offered my hunting license , then they wanted my drivers license (to confirm my I.d. ) then my firearms i.d. card"

Β 

Why Did you need to show a Fire Arms ID?.. You don't need a FID for possession..

Your hunting license allows you to transport a firearm to and from your hunting location only.

For any other reason a fid card is required.

Your hunting license allows you to transport a firearm to and from your hunting location only.

Β 

This is exactly why I put my FID card in my wallet before I go hunting with any firearm. You never know if you have to stop and get gas or something like that and someone looks in your car and sees a case and then all hell breaks loose (as what happened to GG). I don't want to have to try to claim that I took a "reasonable deviation necessary under the circumstances" - with an FID, you can avoid that discussion and hopefully get on your way.

Wow I never knew that! Such bs.

Did they check to see where your ammo Was?

Is it illegal to have ammo in the cab?

Is it illegal to have a magazine loaded but not clipped in the cased gun?

Say you're going from spot to spot all week hunting, can you legally pull the clip, case the gun, and drive from point a to point b with the magazine loaded in a cup holder or coat pocket?

Β 

Β 

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy