Sign in to follow this  
Palawman30

Where are the bear hunters?

Bear Hunters????

I love hunting them. Either Pa or jersey...What a thrill to see that ball of black fur coming through the woods....

I like hunting the Brown bears of Alaska. I took this one on my 2nd trip to Admiralty Island just outside of Juneau AK. Slept in a tent for a total of 20 days on 2 hunts. Cruised the coastline of the inside passage in 14' zodiac boats. Spent many hours perched up high on the rocks glassing beaches. Saw lots of Bears. I was able to stalk within 96 yards of this one and the .338 with 250gr swift Aframe rolled him. He never got back on his feet with 2 quick follow ups.

28_20A-1.jpg

27_16A-1.jpg

14_15.jpg

03_18.jpg

Already looking forward to bear season 2013! Got lucky 2 of the last 3 season. Love hunting the big woods of Sussex.

if anyone hasn't done a bear hunt with the bow, or even a firearm your missing out. Even a guided black bear hunt in Maine isn't all that expensive, and well within driving distance. Been wanting to go on another bear hunt.

My dream hunt is a Kodak Island bear hunt with the bow, with lots of toilet paper !!!

Tcook, great bear...congrats !!!!

I like hunting the Brown bears of Alaska. I took this one on my 2nd trip to Admiralty Island just outside of Juneau AK. Slept in a tent for a total of 20 days on 2 hunts. Cruised the coastline of the inside passage in 14' zodiac boats. Spent many hours perched up high on the rocks glassing beaches. Saw lots of Bears. I was able to stalk within 96 yards of this one and the .338 with 250gr swift Aframe rolled him. He never got back on his feet with 2 quick follow ups.

Awesome bear and great pictures. I love to see posts like these, congrats. :cool:

Trying to find a reasonable hunt for Sonia this spring.. Our jersey bear hunt was ruined by endless trespassers.... So I hope to get her on a bow hunt..

I've hunted for bear the past three seasons in NJ but only had one opportunity. In 2011 I shot at a 250-300lb. and lost it probably because of a high shot to the shoulder or too high of a shot altogether. Most of the bear I have seen while hunting have been during the Fall and Permit Bow Seasons. Hopefully NJ will adopt a bear bow season in 2-3 years.

Going to CA in May for a bow hunt for bear!

With hounds?Enjoy California has some jumbo bears..

Be ready for thin air and lots of hiking... Good luck

With hounds?Enjoy California has some jumbo bears..

Be ready for thin air and lots of hiking... Good luck

Not California! Canada.

Tcook..........awesome bear. I had the opportunity to visit Admiralty Island a few years back to fish the Green River for Salmon. There are more bears per square mile there than anywhere else in the world. Great place, I saw many while fishing. I have shot 1 bear in my life and it was in Maine with a bow (300 lbs). I agree that bear is tastier than deer. I live in bear country (grew up, work, hunt in Sussex Cty; live in Jefferson-Morris cty). Anyway, I have not hunted them in NJ. However, I see them non-stop with the bow....I CANNOT BAIT there are so many where I hunt. However, when gun season arrives, they become very scarce and scared. Crazy. Maybe 1 year I will hunt them.

Tcook..........awesome bear. I had the opportunity to visit Admiralty Island a few years back to fish the Green River for Salmon. There are more bears per square mile there than anywhere else in the world. Great place, I saw many while fishing. I have shot 1 bear in my life and it was in Maine with a bow (300 lbs). I agree that bear is tastier than deer. I live in bear country (grew up, work, hunt in Sussex Cty; live in Jefferson-Morris cty). Anyway, I have not hunted them in NJ. However, I see them non-stop with the bow....I CANNOT BAIT there are so many where I hunt. However, when gun season arrives, they become very scarce and scared. Crazy. Maybe 1 year I will hunt them.

I am a big fan of bear hunting... black bear that is. I've only ever hunted Maine. I'm up for hunting Jersey too, though! Nothing is better than walking up on a big ball of black fur hoping it's still not alive! :rofl:

I love bear hunting also. Have killed 3 bears. 1 in New Brunswick Canada and 2 on Vancouver Island BC. Heading to Kodiak Island in 2016 for big brown bear.