IGNORED

Trust land

The only reason these properties are open to hunting in the first place is to control the deer herd. And the only way to control the herd is by shooting does. I've been running these types of hunts for over 20 years. If you don't have rules in place that force hunters to shoot does then the hunt is set up to fail, too many guys buck hunt and let the does walk.

The problem is out club limits our members to 2 does per year (currently.... some years increase to 3-5) so we hunt the surroundoing properties and then the land trust acquired a chunk next to us... we let everything go and one of our club members at the time joins the land trust and starts hammering the deer on the neighboring land so he doesn't break our club rules..

So we changed the club rules and said members must follow our doe and buck limits within 2 miles of any of our leases.

That member dropped out and hunts the land trust- and now he leaves us voicemail every time he shoots a deer saying how he's gonna kill every button buck he can to spite us.

Oh well. At least he's out of our club cause he was doing it anyway.

So now we let all the does walk to make up for the difference of him on 1 side and a wma on the other side of us. If thatb means we can't shoot any so he can have them all-so be it. Someone needs to give the doe a safe place to get away from these nuts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

NJ land trusts are well intentioned but as with everything else in this state, there is usual a underlying sinister reason to it that you only find out about later.    Normal states that are red don't engage in this BS.  They must allow hunting and fishing during all open seasons in order to receive the benefits of the trust.  Jersey mucks everything up. 

I used to hunt one for years, had fun, but like everything else In nj if the weekend warriors see a vehicle they swarm like killer bees. I had a guy see me drag a deer and the next day he put a stand 25 yrds from mine. Said you cant stop me!.  Then he put a trip cord on my path.  Another person said I see you here every year and figured you were seeing animals so I put a stand here, HA!  I got the HECK out of there.

Yes and as deerslayer21 pointed out the deer are there yet you have to treat the trust area as a new piece of property. scout it do your homework look for trees that look like a climber has been in or some hunters leave a few tree steps in. then try to find your own spot trails are evident . you'll figure it out. Good Luck and Shoot straight.

Yes and as deerslayer21 pointed out the deer are there yet you have to treat the trust area as a new piece of property. scout it do your homework look for trees that look like a climber has been in or some hunters leave a few tree steps in. then try to find your own spot trails are evident . you'll figure it out. Good Luck and Shoot straight.

You are exactly right, only way to find deer is to scout and do more homework that the other guys. Good luck to you this season as well.