IGNORED

Help on transporting firearms

do you have an opinion of what the law is in case of Muzzleloader or are you just saying get familiar with the law?

My understanding from being in my daughters hunters ed class is that the muzzy firing cap has to be removed and then it is considered ready to transport as long as it is cased.  

My understanding from being in my daughters hunters ed class is that the muzzy firing cap has to be removed and then it is considered ready to transport as long as it is cased.  

I agree. If the cop asked you do you have a loaded gun in your car you should answer I have a Muzzleloader which is loaded but not primed.

lunatic: thats the way it should be. but after all we dont live in america, we live in new jersey. where the criminals, crooked politicians, and the revolving door of which we call the "justice system" run this small country we call new jersey. America start at the Delaware river. 

and in 6 months, ill be able to say I live in America, where I can carry a firearm to protect myself and family. and not have to worry about breaking the law driving to a freaking gun range! god bless the citizens of this state who decide to live here and call this god awful state home. I have never been more happy to be only renting right now and have all my options on the table to pick up and move.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more with you.  When the lawful citizens of a state are viewed with disdain by the state gov't and their rights usurped to "protect" the public because the criminal element cannot be controlled it is tyrannical.  The deck chairs on this sinking ship are just being moved around.  Lawful taxpaying citizens should have more rights than those who don't and aren't and that is not the case in NJ and other "blue" states.  Thank God other states made the right choice last November while NJ did the wrong thing, again. 

I have a similar issue with my Suburban.  I just keep the ammo separated. 

One of the most crazy things I went through in this state was:  I went to a check station for bear, I had an old school Hawken rifle and the officer asked me to "Prove" it was unloaded.  I must have given him a dirty look but I just took the ram rod and showed him how far it should go in when unloaded.  He proceeded to ask me to open the gun. I explained that you don't "open" Hawken rifles.  I literally had to disassemble the stock from the barrel to show him that there is no action on the gun.  He was a little perplexed.  

Some LEO's are axholes as evidenced here. 

With black powder guns, it is considered " unloaded " when there is no cap on a cap lock, or no primer in the pan and a leather boot over the frizzen on a flint lock. Keep both cased and you're good.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I believe it.  I had a friend who had a super crazy ex-girlfriend many years ago.  Like, bat-shit crazy and she got mad at him once, punched him in the face, bit his arm and then called the cops on him.  When they arrived, she told them where his weed was and they arrested him.  Because it was a domestic call, they confiscated his guns.  Neither of the 3 officers who responded to the call knew how to open his 12g pump to make sure it was unloaded.  They literally had to uncuff one of his hands so he could point at the button to release the action.

Long story short, he was not guilty of anything (except having a tiny bit of weed), she ended up in the loony bin for 30 days and he never talked to her again.    

She must have been a red head

She must have been a red head

Indeed she was.  Not a total ginger, but enough red to be nuts and my friend told me she was great in the sack

Every red headed woman I know or knew was amazing in bed, but utterly and completely bat-shit crazy. 

My friend Kate used to tell people "The redder the head, the better in bed."  She was killer in the sack and absolutely nuts.  I have a few other redheads on the list and they're all the same...

do you have an opinion of what the law is in case of Muzzleloader or are you just saying get familiar with the law?

I seem to recall pulling the ball was required just firing also was not an option.  The club in Freehold I hunted with Driving the deer we had 3 Trucks with caps The Blue team the red team and permanent standers With my Heart bypasses I was a Permanent stander we would be stopped by wardens many times and they would ask to see the Rifles, in the beginning, we had loaded ones no Caps. uncased.  got off with a warning to put them in Cases Some guys left them a year to year loaded  :eek:  but I recall something about Pulling the Ball I would check that part  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

See page 34 of the 2017-18 NJ Hunting Digest under the section "Firearms, Ammunition and Sights""

All firearms must be cased and unloaded while being transported in vehicles, including on allterrain vehicles. A muzzleloader is considered unloaded when, in the case of a percussion cap rifle or shotgun, the percussion cap has been removed from the nipple; in the case of a flintlock, when the powder is removed from the pan and a boot or cover made of nonmetallic material is placed over the frizzen.