IGNORED

What's Your Muzzleloader Set Up For This Season?

BHC

Knight disc extreme/ Leupold vxII 3x9 40mm

120gr 777 loose powder

300 gr Barnes tsx copper bullet/ knight red hot sabot

Cci primers

Used this setup for 10 years or so on white tails, mule deer, pronghorn, axis deer, and boar. Proud to say 100% of all animals I’ve shot with this setup has dropped in its tracks! ...and accurate and confident to shoot at up to 250 yards (with rangefinder!)

Edited by Gobblengrunt

I still use my old (20+ years) American Knight with the #11 percussion caps and whatever original scope that I bought with it.  I killed a lot of deer with that gun and it remains very accurate to 125 yards +/-.  Never felt the need to change.  Two Pyrodex 50g pellets and I forget what bullet I am shooting.

T/C Encore. Stainless/synthetic. 50 cAl.leupopd 2-7x scope Haven't played around too much with loads and bullets. Blackhorn behind a 300gr xtp works so far.

Or if traditional...

T/C white mountain carbine 50cal. Iron sights. 80gr pyrodex behind a 275 maxi ball will thump them.

Thompson Center Renegade .56 cal, with 80 grains FFg, behind patched round ball.

20170418_203736.jpg

20170418_203834.jpg

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.