IGNORED

I did it! First deer - 6pt buck

mazzgolf

Congrats on the harvest. Hartman's is top-notch. You probably dealt with his daughter.

You'll sleep good tonight.

How much penetration did ya get? I had a similar shot but with an xbow and the bolt traveled the entire body of the deer. Mine dropped within 40 yards.

Congrats again.

Nick

Congrats mazzgolf on your 1st deer! And a buck, how cool! Never apologize about how long a story you post, that is what this site is all about. It seems like you learned quite a few things during the recovery process which is cool. 

Pretty safe to say that most of us on here are still learning about deer and bowhunting. I feel the day we stop learning is the day we hang up the bow for good.  

Nice job!  :up:  :up:  :up:

Congrats on your 1st buck. 

Ive been there and done that with quartering to shots and most end up with deer not being recovered. Lessons learned

Thsts awesome the dog found it and you had a friend to help drag. Although he probably blocked your # after that one lol. 

www.liftxrentals.com

Congrats and cool story.heres a helpful tip I swear by for future reference if you don't see or hear him crash give him some time.by the sound of your story it sounded like you kept jumping him.good luck man and thanks for the story it was cool read

Edited by smoking gun