IGNORED

Hand gun Question .

Capt Hook

DRT is the main objective. Bird shot will most likely not meet that requirement and the threat may still have the ability to return fire. I'm not willing to take that chance.

Agreed 100%. A .17 cal will kill someone but it won’t knock them down like they got hit with a cannon ball. Everyones situation is unique and has different circumstances. Choose accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My own two cents is to try to shoot some handguns or atleast go into a GOOD reputable store with an open mind . Don't fall into the 9 vs 40 vs 45 or glock vs the world arguments . Find something you're comfortable with , that you like , and preferably that you can shoot and enjoy correctly . Many years ago i owned a Springfield XD .45 after someone said "you need this handgun" and I absolutely hated it . I didn't shoot it because of that . Never could be proficient with it . I sold it .

Fast forward a few years I took a ccw class , did some shooting training with friends who are Leo and military . They had their preferences but I kept an open mind .

I spent time shooting friends guns . Glocks , FN, h&k, s&w, revolvers , 1911s, you name

It , I probably fired it . I found that comfortably i tended to lead towards bigger heavier guns . 1911, beretta 92, old smiths , etc . I was very dead set on picking up a 1911 , when a buddy picked up a smith and Wesson shield 9mm . It was a tiny gun for my liking . But ..... I started shooting it and fell in love . Shot it proficient, great for ccw, and surprisingly fit my hand like a glove .

I picked one up , and I just returned from Maine where I conceal carried it for a week and shot it on my family's farm quite a bit and continue to love shooting it.

I too am not a handgun guy . I'm a rifle and shotgun guy . In a home defense situation it's a tool to use , but move me to my AR.

Your best bet in my honest opinion is go in with an open mind , find something you shoot well, and go with that . Don't go buying a gun because a group of guys on the internet said to . Trust me on that . Get yourself to a good store with a good staff who are willing to guide you the correct way . You may end up with a glock , or a smith , or who knows maybe you'll become a hi-point guy (lol) but choose something quality , that you're comfortable with , and can shoot well...

For strictly hone defence get a revolver in 357 but keep 38s for home. Here is my thinking. As said above a family member might be put in the situation to use it. Now think of this even if u bring them to the range or yourself and get really familiar with the gun. In the unfortunate event that u need to use it it Will be very high stress. Can u confidently say that in the event of a malfunction you or family will be able to drop mag rack slide reseat mag and rechamber a round. Probably not. If a revolver ftf you pull the trigger again. Again my opinion but you ate talking a situation where your life and family life will depend on it.

A revolver is the way to go for home pistol defense. Can't beat a .357.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I have a big bag of Popcorn ready. Iam a shotgun Rifle person ,and looking for a good hand gun for the house .my question is this .what would be a good house pistol ? for   this ? thank you .

OK, seriously.

Captain, since you're already 70..... and I believe you want to continue the trend of enjoying more birthdays.

Realistically, I can only assume your eye sight is not the best, your hearing is already fading, and your activity level is not like it was when you were 20.

So, while your sitting in your recliner enjoying watching TV, and the boogie man enters your home.

You can casually, and confidently, continue to sit patiently.

Awaiting the pitter patter of little Nikes attached to the didin-do-nuffin.

You can very easily maneuver one of these little point and squeeze tools pictured below.

Your choice of;  manually cocking the hammers, or point and click.

The option is yours.

Oh, and I personally would recommend loading with 15 pellets of #1 Buck. (or try using 21 pellets of #4 Buck).  It leaves a very positive impression.

But, if a flock of quail attack you in your room. Feel free to use the 7 1/2 bird shot I hear folks rave so much about.

Coachgun IS-2.JPG

Coachgun_III-1.JPG

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

OK, seriously.

Captain, since you're already 70..... and I believe you want to continue the trend of enjoying more birthdays.

Realistically, I can only assume your eye sight is not the best, your hearing is already fading, and your activity level is not like it was when you were 20.

So, while your sitting in your recliner enjoying watching TV, and the boogie man enters your home.

You can very easily maneuver one of these little point and squeeze tools pictured below.

The option is yours.

Oh, and I personally would recommend loading with 15 pellets of #1 Buck. (or try using 21 pellets of #4 Buck).  It leaves a very positive impression.

But, if a flock of quail attack you in your room. Feel free to use the 7 1/2 bird shot I hear folks rave so much about.

Nice,  you ether know me or your my Doctor .Lol.

OK, seriously.

The option is yours.

Me Likey This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!