JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Advise asap = JJ Buck down!

So I just climbed up tree for a last hour evening hunt..

5 mins goes by and I see a deer standing in my hinge cut area.

It's a buck and I believe it's the one I'm after. He's 100 yards watching the neighbors play lol.

I have no ground cover between me and him, so calling may just alert him.

There is a hill half way between us.. leave a are fairly quiet and im certain I can slowly make it to the top and get a shot if he stands..

My dilemma. ... where's the doe? He's facing away from me, but the doe might be facing me and see me sneak over.

I have corn out between us. I'm gonna sit and hope the doe comes in for a bite. Only reason he's bedded I imagine is beccause he's with a doe.. I just can't see her.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would sit tight Jay..The chances of busting her are too high, especially since you don't have eyes on her. I called a doe in with a locked down buck on her ass using distressed fawn bleats after nothing else worked one year..The buck passed my stand with her leading the way at 12 yards...Worth a shot....

• Agree 1

call em in. called in a big 8 Saturday for a buddy with a can call and grunt tube. buck ran straight in

I you can get down and make some noise (breaking branches, stomping, rattling, and grunting) and get back up your tree without being detected that is what I would try.

Edited by rocky

Shoot a flaming arrow over him and fire will send him your way .lol sit tight and try a few grunts it won't hurt. Even if he hears its now and doesn't come in he may get curious in 30 minutes and come to investigate. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Congrats Jay! Nice buck! Glad it worked out for you! :up:

Edited by kmtpr

I️ was gonna say grunt to him. I draw them across and open field where i hunt all the time. But, i can see you don’t need my help. Well played sir. Congrats!