Williemo

Hunter's Ed Question

So working every minute of my life, I screwed up and did not register my 11 year old son for the Hunter's Ed test.  I kept meaning to, but something always comes up.  Now the courses are full.  Is it true they will take walk-ins??

Yes, 100%.  Just make sure he has his workbook fully completed for whatever course he is taking when he arrives.  I recommend getting there a few minutes early so they can add his name and make his Hunter Safety Card ahead of time for him like they will already have for the other in the class.   

• Agree 1

I am an instructor and we never turn away walk-ins. Where are you planning to go for the test? There are 2 firearm classes this week in Pequest.

• Agree 4

Bring him to the class!  I've been to hunter safety 4x so far, and never seen anyone (especially a kid) turned away.  You and he will be welcomed without an issue.  But arrive a little earlier as a courtesy to the folks running hunter safety.

I was planning Pequest on Sunday.  They've taken them off the website, but I think it starts 9:00.

Yes it does start at 9 am but get there a few minutes early. Follow bucksnbows advice on the paperwork. Upon arrival tell the person manning the desk that your son is a walk in and that you’ve completed all of the required paperwork. You should be good. Good luck!

OK...one more question...is this Sunday at Pequest rifle, shotgun or both?? (It’s been years since I’ve gone)

OK...one more question...is this Sunday at Pequest rifle, shotgun or both?? (It’s been years since I’ve gone)

They combined shotgun with rifle/muzzleloader a few years ago. Now it is just called "firearms".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

As others have said, walk-ins are not turned away.  Good luck to your son.   :up:  

They combined shotgun with rifle/muzzleloader a few years ago. Now it is just called "firearms".

What he said.    :up: