BEAR

coyotes (8)

I was out for deer yesterday afternoon  , as I am sitting in the stand watching ,waiting for movement, I see legs moving in the woods about 100 yards, then more legs, I figured it was does being chased by a buck .

but as they came closer I see a coyote, then another, then another,  8 coyotes in total all hunting in a pack. As they worked their way thru the woods ,some would stand point as others in the middle of the ones standing point would scourer every piece of property trying to push something out.  I took a quick cell phone video  but it didn't come out that great.(ATTACHED) but you can see at least five.   Any way I figured I'll try and take one out.

AS they came closer the best shot I had was 40 yds.   so I took it and then there was seven.  They all split up and took off.   1/2 hour later a small eight walks buy let him pass about 4 30 here come 4 coyotes back as they pass at 30 yds. then then was three   In all my years of hunting I never seen more than 2 coyotes together and be able to get a shot at one without them spotting me  especially with  a bow.  the coyotes that took a dirt nap had the mange and stunk.

coyotes.MOV

• Agree 8

Thank you for your service sir!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That’s great u sent a message! Congrats that is not easy to do I have 2 in 33 years of bow hunting. 2 in one hunt is just ridiculous

• Agree 1

Z36 has a coyote problem but now it's smaller problem.   I guess the deer bait is good for getting yotes in range.  Good job nailing 2 forest terrorists.  With the xbow no less, nice.

Edited by stratocaster

Call them plus your sightings into the state ..

Yes, if people dont call these in every time they see them, nothing will get done.   The state wants to hear about it.

Z36 has a coyote problem but now it's smaller problem. I guess the deer bait is good for getting yotes in range. Good job nailing 2 forest terrorists. With the xbow no less, nice.

Baiting for coyote/fox is prohibited while hunting elevated in a standing tree or in a structure of any kind within 300 feet of a baited area.

Good thing this was incidental to deer hunting...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Disagree 1

Baiting for coyote/fox is prohibited while hunting elevated in a standing tree or in a structure of any kind within 300 feet of a baited area.

Good thing this was incidental to deer hunting...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I believe he said he was hunting deer not coyotes over bait which is not prohibited.   Don't understand the point of your comment unless you just  like quoting from the reg book. 

I believe he said he was hunting deer not coyotes over bait which is not prohibited.   Don't understand the point of your comment unless you just  like quoting from the reg book. 

Reminds me of the people who are watching golf on TV, and then call NBC to report an obscure rules violation. lol