MyReezening

UBNJ Election of Officers

Well after 10 years of holding various offices in UBNJ I'm back as President. In the words of Al Pacino, "just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!" All kidding aside I would like to thank the Executive Board for the honor of serving as President, once again. UBNJ like other organizations has it's problems and we can't please everyone, but we can never stop trying to make it better!

Sportsmen are in for a rough time depending on tomorrow's election, we stand to lose all of our gains over the last decade if we don't come together like we've done in the past.

My agenda is simple:

Create separate chapters of UBNJ to cater to our members in the North, Central,and Southern Regions.

Strengthen our council.

Work together with the Division, the Federation, the NJOA, the Fishermen and other like minded Outdoor organizations.

Re-establish the coalition of sportsmen like we have in the past to strengthen our voice in Trenton.

Like I said the agenda is simple but not easy. I need your support,your help and your time.

If you can volunteer any time, if you'd like to belong on the council, this is your invitation, WE NEED YOU and your voice!!!!!

It's easy, we're not looking to put any strain on anyone, But if you love to hunt and you want to help, we would love to have you in the North, South and Central whatever is easier for you!

You can call me at 973-820-3364

Congratulations to our new Vice President Brian Banko

Our Executive Secretary Stacey Banko

and our Treasurer and Membership Chairman Pete Planer

I know they will be a tremendous asset to our organization.

Now get out there and VOTE!!!!!!

Jack Spoto

UBNJ President

Edited by MyReezening
  • Agree 1

Wow, very cool, welcome back Jack!  Congrats on being the new president (again)! :up:

Congrats to Brian, Stacey, and Pete as well! :up:

• Agree 1

Congrats to all and please continue onward as the great bowhunting ambassadors you are.  

I think many of us would like to see UBNJ's stance on Tonka's Law and the overall situation in Readington as result of Dog owner not honoring town ordinance leash laws and allowing her dog to chase wild deer, thus accidentally getting mistaken for a coyote and being shot?

• Agree 1

Our stance on Tonka Law is simple we oppose it. UBNJ will not give back any ground we all worked so hard for. 

We are very fortunate that the Federation and the NJOA is working on this problem as we speak. UBNJ will join forces with them to prevent this from happening.

The next four years can prove to be difficult, but it doesn't have to be we need you to join the fight, support someone the Federation, The NJOA, UBNJ, NJARPC.

Our hunting rights and 2nd amendment rights will be facing serious challenges.

I've lived my life by the Fred Bear motto, "If you're not helping to protect hunting, you're helping to ban it."

Please support our endeavors

Jack Spoto

• Agree 2

Jack, congrats on taking the helm again. Been a long time buddy. We should get together after the New Year for a hunt or something. Best wishes to you and your staff.