IGNORED

Maybe I need a kick in the Arse

I was reluctant to go out this morning with temps and wind less the ideal but like so many stated ain’t gonna shootem’ from the couch . As long as the rain holds out I’ll be out till noon today .Working OT Tuesday and Wednesday then back at it the rest of the week. No matter what time of day get out when you can .

I used to have a crappy treestand umbrella.  When I was in Ohio last week, I bought a new one for $19 at Dick's that kept my buddy and I in the tree and dry and warm in miserable weather for humans, great weather for big rutting bucks....     I am not suggesting hunting in an all day downpour, but even if there is a downpour, that first hour or two after it stops, during the rut you simply need to be on stand and better to be there before it happens then walk in afterward. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I used to have a crappy treestand umbrella.  When I was in Ohio last week, I bought a new one for $19 at Dick's that kept my buddy and I in the tree and dry and warm in miserable weather for humans, great weather for big rutting bucks....     I am not suggesting hunting in an all day downpour, but even if there is a downpour, that first hour or two after it stops, during the rut you simply need to be on stand and better to be there before it happens then walk in afterward. 

I have it, any chance of rain it comes with me.

If you can’t make early morning the best thing to do is a 10-2 or 10-sunset hunt. After the rain the bucks will be working feverishly to mark their territory with all their scent again and you want to be there. During the rut anything can happen. I also shoot deer on the worst possible days to go hunting...high winds, rain usually work out well for me. It’s like the deer know no one is stupid enough to hunt in this weather except me.