IGNORED

Crazy bow Problem

230jhp

I have been shooting a Quest QS 31 for about 10 years. When I started wearing glasses full time about 5 or 6 years ago I determined I could not shoot with the glasses on because when I try to look through the peep site the nose bridge part of the glasses interfere. So I shoot with the glasses off using “Verifier” peep sight with a lens on it to clear up my image of the sight pins. I shoot very well this way, that is, single digit handicap in the Lincoln Park indoor league when I used to shoot in it. One part of the problem is I have to put my glasses on to use my phone when on stand. I have spooked deer by making this change. Today while hunting I drew my bow to full draw with the glasses on realized that the problem with the nose piece no longer exists with the frames I am currently using. So I can shoot with the glasses on.

Now the crazy part. I came home early to verify this by shooting a target in my garage. At less than 10 yards the carbon arrow hit the floor and was destroyed. At first I thought the horrendous noise of the arrow hitting the floor was caused by the bow. A visual inspection of the bow showed nothing. Drawing and letting down seemed normal. I got my old bow out that I haven’t used is 10 years. It has a regular peep sight and a draw weight set higher than my Quest. Thee is no lens in the peep sight. It shot fine with the aluminum arrows that were in the case. Then I tried a carbon arrow in the old bow….It shot fine. Then I shot an aluminum arrow in the Quest and it shot fine. So I tried another carbon arrow and destroyed it on the floor again.

Tomorrow it is going to rain so going to the outdoor range at Cherry Ridge will suck. So I am going to have to either take off from work this week to further investigate this problem or go to Targeteers indoor range one night during the week or not hunt next Saturday morning and go to the range.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have been thinking about getting a traditional recurve. This problem will accelerate this transition, however I don’t have the time to get proficient with the stick bow and still hunt this season.

Edited by 230jhp

Skip Targeteers and go to Stark Archery in S. Hackensack.  It's a great place that I highly recommend.  

I cant really help you with the issue you're having with the bow other than to say don't aim as low on the target.  It could be something with the peep and you wearing/not wearing the glasses.  Good luck with the issue.  

I used to be "Topher"