IGNORED

Tag soup?

Bbadrinath

We all talk about "tag soup" or getting skunked! I guess technically I'm in that group also, but I think sometimes we "tag out" just with the experiences of being outdoors. I had an opportunity to fill my tag last Saturday but decided to just live in the moment and enjoy the scenario. I had a decent 8 come in at 29 yards, could of shot him there, or in 3 more situations as he meandered in my area for about 15 minutes. It's tough because I hunt public property that gets driven hard during 6 day. Letting the young ones walk sometimes is difficult knowing this, but just maybe he will be the one that makes it a couple more years! Anyway, I didn't fill my tag, but had a great time the limited amount of times I managed to get out this fall. This particular deer happened to pause for a photo and my stand is in view. One of my cooler trail cam pics yet!

post-1073-0-69619100-1509219111_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bbadrinath

We all talk about "tag soup" or getting skunked! I guess technically I'm in that group also, but I think sometimes we "tag out" just with the experiences of being outdoors. I had an opportunity to fill my tag last Saturday but decided to just live in the moment and enjoy the scenario. I had a decent 8 come in at 29 yards, could of shot him there, or in 3 more situations as he meandered in my area for about 15 minutes. It's tough because I hunt public property that gets driven hard during 6 day. Letting the young ones walk sometimes is difficult knowing this, but just maybe he will be the one that makes it a couple more years! Anyway, I didn't fill my tag, but had a great time the limited amount of times I managed to get out this fall. This particular deer happened to pause for a photo and my stand is in view. One of my cooler trail cam pics yet!

Great 2.5 year old to pass. He cant get bigger and older unless we pass the younger bucks and yes even on public property. Sounds like you hunt my area in the middle of the state with all the clubs doing the driving. Keep passing the younger bucks cause some do live through the drive crazy state land. 

Awesome picture of the buck and you in the stand behind it  :up: