BHC

Deer Poached on Staten Island

best way to kill a mature slammer buck is to hunt where nobody else can - that's a formula that will NEVER change regardless of location.  You can't kill then where they aren't. 

Unfortunately to some - the ends justify the means and there are probably a lot more poachers among us than realize. 

• Agree 1

Well I guess we now know where the giant buck he killed in that photo came from. :whatever:

I don't understand people like this.   How low does your self-esteem have to be to kill giant bucks where it's illegal?  Why would you even consider than an "achievement" at all?  

Then they lie about where they shot it and try to play "mighty hunter" with their cohort of friends.  It's just sad and pathetic.

best way to kill a mature slammer buck is to hunt where nobody else can - that's a formula that will NEVER change regardless of location.  You can't kill then where they aren't. 

Unfortunately to some - the ends justify the means and there are probably a lot more poachers among us than realize. 

Yeah, it's the guys who repeatedly kill huge bucks in NJ seemingly year after year.  The guys who are said of, "gosh, I guess it's because he REALLY puts the time in" =   Yeah, no.

I believe in 4 things only in this life.

1) God

2) Family

3) Country

4) Mathematical statistical probability

I don't care how much "time" you put in, you're not going to find and kill giant deer in New Jersey with bizarre regularity unless you're hunting someplace that's not legal.  A few of these guys have been caught in recent years.

• Agree 1

I see where it was an off duty cop who caught the guy.....Hmm, I wonder........j/k

I've already seen some blow back by some NY guys saying one chucklehead messes it up for everybody, lol.

I need to get myself one of those "sitting chairs that attaches to a tree

The one he used is about $350 :happywave:

Stupid guy had bags of corn in his truck lol. Of course someone is going to notice. He was probably wearing full camo too...he’s an amature poacher.

Yeah, it's the guys who repeatedly kill huge bucks in NJ seemingly year after year.  The guys who are said of, "gosh, I guess it's because he REALLY puts the time in" =   Yeah, no.

I believe in 4 things only in this life.

1) God

2) Family

3) Country

4) Mathematical statistical probability

I don't care how much "time" you put in, you're not going to find and kill giant deer in New Jersey with bizarre regularity unless you're hunting someplace that's not legal.  A few of these guys have been caught in recent years.

That's why I am quite happy with killing a decent mature buck for NJ every year...  The odds of killing a giant upper record book buck in the areas that I enjoy hunting (key word being "enjoy") are statistically improbable, although it's the allure of the "you never know during the rut" that keeps me going back for more. I could never "enjoy" the poacher lifestyle.  It's supposed to be enjoyable, not pressure, and the ends should never justify the means when it comes to hunting. 

• Agree 2

I bet they threw the book at him cause

he was hunting the cops spot. The cop was probably going in to replenish the bait pile when he busted this dude in his spot.

All the good spots are off limits unless your “on the job” at the local PD.

• Agree 2

Gotta love when a criminal gives himself away with stupidity.  Corn did him in.  Just like when a cracked taillight gets you pulled over and busted with a car load of drugs.

That's why I am quite happy with killing a decent mature buck for NJ every year...  

By "decent" you mean 3 legged deer with 30 inch longhorn spikes, right?     :poke:  

• Agree 1

By "decent" you mean 3 legged deer with 30 inch longhorn spikes, right?     :poke:  

well yeah, them and of course the no-bait no cam buck this year :)

• Agree 1

Truckload of Corn  :hmmmer:  did they find the Still  :stirring:  

If it was legal I would do my own shine. I actually like the taste.

"Pernice, who lives in Norfolk, near the Canadian border, was found by off-duty cop Bryan Burgess, who was taking a walk with his wife"

This is why white NFL players are kneeling...

"Pernice, who lives in Norfolk, near the Canadian border, was found by off-duty cop Bryan Burgess, who was taking a walk with his wife"

And by "taking a walk with his wife", they mean checking on trail cam pictures. :pinocchio:

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

A few years ago, some knucklehead from New York shot a big buck in Mahwah and tagged it in New York state. He got caught when the word got out and people from New Jersey had the buck of their trail cameras and went to the fish and game.