IGNORED

What gun control laws would you back?

I'm always for no new laws however. And I would rather not screw any of the good states. However if we had a national firearms ID card. Say like a drivers license with a chip. Then we could buy firearms anywhere in the country without a transfer. We are on vacation in Colorado say we walk into a gun shop we see a good deal we insert our card in the reader we come back clear we buy the gun and go home. This way a criminal could be put in the system as an automatic no sale in the matter of minutes.No need for a registration system you came back clean. Then they would also be able to detect abnormal characteristics.

Now again this is coming from me who lives in a non free state. Free states would disagree with that. And I don't blame them.

Bulk up the law enforcement and actually allow them to do their jobs instead of finding ways to let the scum off. Then deeper mental health checks. Everyone must be properly vetted, unlike some states where you can walk in and buy a long gun if you like.

This is one out of a couple  sensible answers. The whole problem is everyone is so engaged in the 2nd amendment, I stand up for and back the 2nd amendment. I think everyone should own a gun and I believe every state should have the right to carry. However, I see no reason that anyone other than the military and police needs to own an automatic weapon, there's no real reason to have one other then just wanting one to shoot every so often, hell I would love to own one just for that reason, I just don't need it, neither does anyone else. I have no problem waiting 5 days to buy a gun if I want to buy one, and whether you want to believe it or not, it would cut down on spur of the moment anger shootings. Could they buy one on the streets? Sure, but not everyone knows where to go if they need an illegal gun. Would it have stopped the LV shootings? No, probably not, but this wasn't a spur of the moment thing, it was planned over a period of time.

Bulk up the law enforcement and actually allow them to do their jobs instead of finding ways to let the scum off. Then deeper mental health checks. Everyone must be properly vetted, unlike some states where you can walk in and buy a long gun if you like.

Another good answer, agree 100%, there should be some way to know when someone is buying that many guns and why.

Current federal law already covers the ownership of automatic weapons under the 1934 National Firearms Act.  If you were interested in understanding how firearms are already regulated you would have known that. 

What kind of guns do you currently own?  Explain the rationale for a 5 day waiting period.  

Yea I know the federal law, high  Taxes and registrations, got it. But look at the reasoning behind it.   I own Rifles (30-30. a few .22s and an IL muzzleloader), numerous 12 gauge and 20 gauge shotguns (1 semi, a few pumps, and a few single shots) 1 .357 handgun and a couple BB/pellet guns. Where you going with that question. what difference does it make? I already answered the 5 day waiting question, scroll up and read it.

The question was simple, "What gun control laws do you back" It doesn't say new ones, I only mentioned the couple that I would support, not saying I'm going to go out campaigning to get them pushed through, just saying that I wouldn't be against them. Anyone that says "none"

to any gun law at all, well that's just moronic.

This is one out of a couple  sensible answers. The whole problem is everyone is so engaged in the 2nd amendment, I stand up for and back the 2nd amendment. I think everyone should own a gun and I believe every state should have the right to carry. However, I see no reason that anyone other than the military and police needs to own an automatic weapon, there's no real reason to have one other then just wanting one to shoot every so often, hell I would love to own one just for that reason, I just don't need it, neither does anyone else. I have no problem waiting 5 days to buy a gun if I want to buy one, and whether you want to believe it or not, it would cut down on spur of the moment anger shootings. Could they buy one on the streets? Sure, but not everyone knows where to go if they need an illegal gun. Would it have stopped the LV shootings? No, probably not, but this wasn't a spur of the moment thing, it was planned over a period of time.

Did you miss my question?

Why do you think the second amendment was written?  What issue is it trying to address?

Edited by Darrenf

One of the things that keeps coming out of these senseless killings is a cry for stricter mental health checks.  The problem there is that many of these maniacs are well outside the mental health system and therefore could never be known to have issues.  Not everyone with a mental illness was born that way; many become afflicted later in life.  So do we have to go through a comprehensive mental health screening each time we apply to buy a weapon?  Who would pay for that?  And who is to say that the shrink is correct in his/her evaluation?  Sure we need to keep guns out of the hands of those we know to have mental illnesses, but that wouldn't have done a thing in the case of the recent Las Vegas rampage. 

The facts are, crazy people will always find ways to kill others and they certainly don't need guns to do it.  Look at the new trend of running over hundreds with vehicles as just one example.  Why don't we have a mental health check for all drivers?  Why not ban all cars and trucks?  Where does it stop?   

Come here and find out more about machine guns.

https://www.shootersgauntlet.com/machine-gun

Held twice a year in PA. You will find out a lot of people own machine guns (more than you think) and of what type. Small percentage of the population.

The use is that of the owner.

I do not support any more gun laws.

There is already a NICS, PICS check. If they enforced the laws that are on the books, (You can request a copy of the PA firearms laws,  there are well over 170 pages of laws, from PA state Representative and you just pay for shipping or local pick up is free),

For statistical information see -  https://foac-pac.org/ - you will find real information and no bull

All handguns must go through FFL and just look - #1 type of gun that is used to commit a crime.

Some of you in NJ need to get out more and realize how much you suffer from battered gun owner syndrome.

I left NJ in 2006 and never looked back.

Sign up for class with Joshua Prince, http://www.princelaw.com/attorneys/joshua-g-prince/

Or with Phil - http://pview.findlaw.com/view/2286642_1

When you leave NJ and find out about oppressive States and how people have become brain washed into letting the gov tell them how to live your eyes will open wide.

How many states carry, open carry, allow carry in banks, bars, daily routine, keys wallet, side arm.

The gun debate has been tossed around so much.

Check PAFOA.org and bring up things just across the river.

Good luck in your search and I only hope you come out asking more questions and seeking more knowledge.

Battered gun owner syndrome is real. I went through it.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

we need to enforce the laws we have and figure out a way to identify the mentally ill that will not allow law abiding citizens to be thrown into the mix for taking a pill or asking for help during a stressful situation.new laws will never help when we are not enforcing the ones we have  and honestly i probably would never want a fully auto myself (accuracy) but if any of you want one that should be your right its none of my business( but with the way the world is going i may change my mind :headscratch: )..as for a waiting period that is stupid if someone wants to kill someone they will just find another way and what about a person who all of sudden a boy friend or a stranger starts to stalk them just becomes crazier any other reason  and they need to protect themselves they could be dead in five days and myself i had my muzzy stolen at end of season a few years back but if it was earlier why should i wait 5 days to get a new one to hunt?

There is only one valid gun law, that is the 2A.  Everything else is unconstitutional.

I'm amazed how many laws can be created to significantly curtail 2A rights; yet when 1A or 4A, or 5A rights start to get encroached, people remind us that they're rights.  I want to start curtailing your 4A and make it legal to search you without a warrant because of some condition I make up.  Or start making people go to trial a second time "because the crime was bad enough" and infringe on your 5A rights.

People seem to think you can make laws that curtail rights, that's not what this country was founded on.

I view all restrictions or laws on firearms to be unconstitutional, so get rid of them all.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

There is only one valid gun law, that is the 2A.  Everything else is unconstitutional.

I'm amazed how many laws can be created to significantly curtail 2A rights; yet when 1A or 4A, or 5A rights start to get encroached, people remind us that they're rights.  I want to start curtailing your 4A and make it legal to search you without a warrant because of some condition I make up.  Or start making people go to trail a second time "because the crime was bad enough" and infringe on your 5A rights.

People seem to think you can make laws that curtail rights, that's now what this country was founded on.

I view all restrictions or laws on firearms to be unconstitutional, so get rid of them all.

But think of the children! (sarcasm)

Edited by thefirstndsecond

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

The same old sugestions and replies More Laws Stricter Backgrond Checks Ban Assult Weapons. Longer Jail time Universal Ids Ban certain Ammo. On an On.

Not one of these would have stopped the shooter in LV. 

Take away all Fire Ams would that help NO ony the honest owners would be Harmed. 

Other means of mayhem would take the place of Guns.  From Knives to bsball Bats. 

The one thing worse than all them is a MATCH One match can burn down any intened target. 

Name one terroist that would obay any laws. If Drugs can be smuggled so can Guns. 

The same Government that wants to controll guns Supplied Cival War-WW-1 WW-2 WW and every other conflicts to The Public.

They allowed this to take place to make $$$$$$ Calling it Suplus.  

How did fast and Furious work out.  

Any Semi Auto Matic Shot Gun loaded with 00 Buck shot and plug removed holds more projectals than any Clip.

They keep mentioning Hunting with who needs any any Semi so called assult wepons for Hunting when More Gun Owners Never Hunt The sport of Shooting is Bigger.  Agree or not show me you can controll Drugs Then we can talk about Guns.

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Don't forget this guy was also on anti anxiety meds.....no red flag??

What good is something that would draw a "red flag" on 1/6 of the population, unless your goal is simply to strip 1/6 of the population of their 2nd amendment right on some arbitrary cause?