IGNORED

Any Input on Quivers?

Bully

That is the best video I have seen about back quivers.  I have one just like that.  

I too have this exact one.

I tried to open the eyes, and mind of some folks here, about using this style quiver.

The article is really good. I strongly suggest some folks read/look at it.

The man explains how well it actually works.

I tried many, many types of quivers in the last 50 years.

This quiver is the best I've ever used.

I too was stubborn and did not like the style, carry, look, etc.

Thought it would get snagged on/in the bush when moving through dense foliage.

There are ways around any obstacle. And can carry everything including your lunch, rabbits, squirrels, etc., on the fly.

But hey, Apparently I'm some kind of dinosaur to some folks here.

I know what works..... at least for me it does.

Edited by Bill from NJ

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I thought that was you.

In the picture? The article?

No, it is NOT me.

I just thought the article would help explain things to some folks here.

The man in the article/Pictures is NOT me.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

One thing I don't like are those white feathers.  Nice to see and find, but like a signal flare going thru the woods.

I use YELLOW feathers on White wraps.

I like to see the arrow as it flies toward the intended target.

White feathers are fine.... But, here in NJ. NO way Jose, too many itchy trigger fingers about.

I use YELLOW feathers on White wraps.

I like to see the arrow as it flies toward the intended target.

White feathers are fine.... But, here in NJ. NO way Jose, too many itchy trigger fingers about.

I have used white feathers in the past and I made a little camo mesh cover for them while they are in the quiver.

I have used white feathers in the past and I made a little camo mesh cover for them while they are in the quiver.

Yes Sir, we are two peas in the same pod......

Thanks for all the input folks.  I really appreciate it.  

I'm going to go with a bow mounted (Sorry Bill) as I have one on my compound and really like the utility of it, for me.  I like that it's just...  there.  Nothing extra to carry in hand.  I'll be ordering one in the next couple of weeks.  No rush as I don't even have the limb lams in hand yet.  Nor have I built the press for them or cut the riser.  However little by slow, I'll get it done.

C

I used to be "Topher"

I have 3 Kanati Quivers, nice, pretty quiet. Kinda small, I shoot big 3-blade Snuffers and 3 arrows is the max. His original was better than the last one I bought, trying too hard with too many adjustments, which just weakened it. Strap-on is good. 

I also have a Bear, (which is actually an old Delta) on my Bear Take Down, little wobbly so I secured it better with one of those rubber coated wire thingys that I got at Home Depot. 

Any kind of movement is not tolerated, always make sure none of the fletching is touching other arrows' fletching.

without me, my rifle is nothing

I'm going with this one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/484467332/okie-bow-quiver-2-broadhead-1-small-game?ref=related-1

Why?  You may ask.  

I emailed Black Eagle and never heard back.  I also emailed Great Northern (I would love a green SuperGhost btw.  Visually one of my favorite bows that I've seen so far) and they don't make a smaller quiver.  So I'm going with the Traditions 2 broadhead/1 small game "Okie" quiver.  I think it will do what I want just fine.  

Thank you to everyone for your help.

I used to be "Topher"

Thanks for all the input folks.  I really appreciate it.  

I'm going to go with a bow mounted (Sorry Bill)

There is a reason they make more than one type and style of quiver.

Different strokes for different folks.

Some men like blonds, some men like red heads.

It all comes down to what YOU like and desire.

I only suggested options available, such as there are brunets also to chose from.

Have fun and continue to pursue your shooting desires.

Regards.

I made a last minute chamge and went with the Eagles Flight.

The quiver I was looking at, as cool as it is, will not accommodate bleeder blades. I had to take a pass. The EF quiver is ordered and on the way.

I used to be "Topher"

Eagles Flight 4 arrow Apache quiver.

Nice and small. Holds plenty for my needs. Got here direct from EF I'm 3 days. I'm super happy with it. I shot some this morning with it on and it steadied the bow well. Thanks to all that helped out with this.

image.jpg

I used to be "Topher"