IGNORED

Which are the top butchers ya'll are using in: North, Central, and South Jersey

Bonefreak

I've heard nothing but good things about Hartmans. They are near me so I plan on using them if I ever decide to shoot a deer :)

Question for those who dropped off at Hartmans - where exactly is the dropoff? On their website I can't tell where they are exactly - it does say "behind the house", which I take it means there is a drop off freezer behind the house? Is this it? --> https://goo.gl/maps/nRVRNULAjwm

Pull in to the place, pass the fence on your right(the house) and you will see a small white building. Thats where the processing happens. To the left of that building, or just passed it, is the drop off cooler. Hard to miss. Or when you get one, bring it when they are open so you can see while they are there. Shoot me a message if you need help Ill go with ya.

I've heard nothing but good things about Hartmans. They are near me so I plan on using them if I ever decide to shoot a deer :)

Question for those who dropped off at Hartmans - where exactly is the dropoff? On their website I can't tell where they are exactly - it does say "behind the house", which I take it means there is a drop off freezer behind the house? Is this it? --> https://goo.gl/maps/nRVRNULAjwm

If you drop off when he's not there he will tell you where the key to cold box is. It may be different now compared to last year. Once inside the box he has a binder where you fill out all info and attach tags(his) to your deer. They usually call back that night to confirm what cuts you want. Pm me with any questions.

Nick

• 2 months later...

I use Jorge too. I have heard a lot of people complain about his personality. I never had a problem with him and his sausage is out of this world.

His work is very good but I'll never go back to Jorge.  He changes his policies without warning, closes early when he feels like it, and has a serious napoleon complex.  I'd rather drive an extra hour further than give him any business. 

6-day is a bad week to bring to butcher - they are just overwhelmed...   If you can let a deer hang for a week, better off doing so and bringing it in after the mad rush...   Of course that depends on weather and your situation. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….