IGNORED

Fall food plot

Starting to convert summer soybean plot into a fall and winter plot.

I broadcast turnips and radishes into the beans about 2 weeks ago.

Just started prepping the cereal grain portion.

This year I am doing a strip around the perimeter field edges instead of broadcasting the whole field. Im hoping it keeps the deer feeding along the edges within bow range.

Going to plant around labor day winter rye, wheat and oats mix. May throw in some more beans. Bucks are starting to change it up a bit, I had 2 new 8 pts show up for the 1st time within the last few days

Turnips and radishes in soybeans20170813_112650.jpg

Turnips and radishes20170823_193917.jpg

Ceral grain strip around field edges20170823_194311.jpg

20170823_194450.jpg

20170823_194541.jpg

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

Looks good, nice job. Do you do any corn also ?

No corn. Corn is expensive for foodplots and the amount of deer in my area would wipe the plot out.

Also, I have a few hundred acres of corn across the road from me

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

Including the weeds.. tough competition for the plots

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with some weeds. Deer eat them too.

Look at the bare dirt in the 1st pick. Using winter rye in the plot the previous fall suppresses the weeds.

Thats why most clover plots are planted in the fall with a nurse crop of rye. It makes a big difference in weed competition.

I will broadcast some more turnips and radishes into the bare spots to fill them in

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

You put a hell of a lot of effort into your deer management sir. Hopefully it will pan out for you in the near future. I myself watched a couple real nice shooter bucks over the years, and the more I saw them the less I wanted to hunt them. I actually enjoyed seeing them more then hunting them. Eventually they disappeared but that was ok for me.

You put a hell of a lot of effort into your deer management sir. Hopefully it will pan out for you in the near future. I myself watched a couple real nice shooter bucks over the years, and the more I saw them the less I wanted to hunt them. I actually enjoyed seeing them more then hunting them. Eventually they disappeared but that was ok for me.

I enjoy watching the deer feed in my food plots. 

Mostly does and fawns. I try to keep the does happy as they are the best attractant for bucks

www.liftxrentals.com