IGNORED

This fall traditional?

Shootstraight

I am not sure if it has been asked and if so, sorry for the repeat question. How many will be going out to try to take their first deer with a recureve or long bow? I will be out trying to harvest my first with my black widow recurve. Have had this bow since 2003 and went out one year with only a miss. Been putting in the time this year and am good to go out to 12 yards and hope to get it done. Just wondering about fellow bowhunters and their plans? 

SS!

I wish you the best of luck.

This is the year for you to score.

Remember your woodsman skills along with your shooting skills. :up:

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Good hunting Will.

I'm going to give it a shot myself this year but reserve the right to punk out and go back to the crossbow.

All kidding aside do not give up just because a monster walked past 5 yards to far or because you had a miss or two perseverance is one of the keys to this game.

Best of luck Will, Jersey Jay has the same goal. :up::up:

I've actually taken 3 deer, a black Hawaiian ram, and a squirrel with my old cascade recurve [emoji14]

But I'm going for my first on the new blacktail recurve!

My dad and brother are both hunting with new blacktail recurves for their first time using traditional gear.

I've never practiced so much, I'm feeling pretty confident out to 15 yards and plan on getting better out to 20 before opening day.

Problem is I have 0 practice from a tree, so I'll be ground hunting or just hunting in low stands.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You just have to practice alot  ,limit your shots to 15 yards or so .I have arrows and broadheads if you need for about 48-55 pounds . I also picked up a widow last year im trying out ....good luck.   :up:

Would love to take a deer with my dad's recurve. But the joys of blue-collar put a stop to it. When I shoot enough to feel confident either my wrist, both my elbows or my shoulder go out and I can no longer draw and or shoot the bow. So I'm sticking with the tried-and-true compound and even that is getting difficult. But we're going to make it work.

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

I've actually taken 3 deer, a black Hawaiian ram, and a squirrel with my old cascade recurve [emoji14]

But I'm going for my first on the new blacktail recurve!

My dad and brother are both hunting with new blacktail recurves for their first time using traditional gear.

I've never practiced so much, I'm feeling pretty confident out to 15 yards and plan on getting better out to 20 before opening day.

Problem is I have 0 practice from a tree, so I'll be ground hunting or just hunting in low stands.

:up:  :up:

The first deer of the season will be with the crossbow. The wife wants the freezer full. After that I am free to try out the traditional bows. I keep switching back and forth between a 55 pound recurve and 50 pound long bow. I practice almost every day but I am a little nervous. I am hoping two weeks practice will iron them out.

it's a 'loose" goal of mine. 48# custom Rampart Recurve. June seems to be the month I shoot it for some reason, Julay and August can't find the time. If I can "Get good" with it Labor Day weekend, - maybe.  It's been a goal for past 3 years - still have not practiced enough to hunt with it. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Will shoot a few does with the Recurve. Would like to get one with NOR fathers longbow.

But other than that its the Compound for me.

Areas I hunt you only get a chance at a good one , once during the season.

SO the day I see the buck im chasing , is the day he goes for a ride in my truck.

Wish I had an area where  I could devote the season to shooting a good buck with the long bow.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/