tjfslaughter

Senator Menendez trial and implications

We have a very important trial starting this week.  The implications can be huge if Menendez has to resign and Christie gets to appoint a republican (making McCain worth a little less).  I know there are a lot of Christie haters on this site but in Trumps favorite words "This could be Yuge".  The stars have to align but hell we had a star align with the moon and earth already once this week.

• Agree 2

The trial can drag on for years, unless all evidence is super clear.

Once they get in court for the actual trial it will not take years, IMO

And we forgot about the underage hookers in the Dominican Republic.

That mysteriously was swept under the rug  

The Trial starts in Sept. the jury selections is this week God bless anyone that gets picked that could take weeks and to move the Trial to a location where no one Hates him most likely a Safe City in The Dominican Republic.   

Any problems he might encounter related to remaining a US Senator will fall on NJ's next Governor who is far more than likely to be a Democrat who will then appoint another Dem to the Senate in that case.  So out with one bad Senator, in with another more than likely.  

Any problems he might encounter related to remaining a US Senator will fall on NJ's next Governor who is far more than likely to be a Democrat who will then appoint another Dem to the Senate in that case.  So out with one bad Senator, in with another more than likely.  

Read through this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/nyregion/senator-robert-menendez-trial.html?mcubz=3 

Christie could technically appoint himself.....

Read through this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/nyregion/senator-robert-menendez-trial.html?mcubz=3 

Christie could technically appoint himself.....

Wonderful palace intrigue, but I still see this carrying well beyond 2017 and Christie.  But I certainly hope I am dead wrong.  And the threshold to kick out a sitting US Senator is extremely high.  The trial will be embarrassing for certain, but may not lead anywhere in the end. 

The implications can be huge if Menendez has to resign and Christie gets to appoint a republican

Aint happening.   It would take 2/3 majority vote to "kick" Menendez out of the U.S. Senate, even if he's convicted.   Menendez would have to voluntarily resign (SEE: Aint happening).

Aint happening.   It would take 2/3 majority vote to "kick" Menendez out of the U.S. Senate, even if he's convicted.   Menendez would have to voluntarily resign (SEE: Aint happening).

Only time will tell. 

Only time will tell. 

That is true and it should be entertaining watching Menendez on trial.  Let's hope it leads to one less Dem in the Senate.  

Wonderful palace intrigue, but I still see this carrying well beyond 2017 and Christie.  But I certainly hope I am dead wrong.  And the threshold to kick out a sitting US Senator is extremely high.  The trial will be embarrassing for certain, but may not lead anywhere in the end. 

You maybe right but I think what you will see is a fight between reps calling for his resignation before December and dems resisting it,

Nothing will come of it. Just lost Taxes prosecuting this Pc Of :censored:  How much did bridge gate Coast ( Farce )

The whole thing should have been given a speedy trial rather than years to do it. most people don't even know who he is and could care less. Yet NJ keeps going with loser's  since that is whats available.    The Swap --- :stirring:  what an example ask your neighbors and Family who is running for Governor in NJ and WHEN'

Nothing will come of it. Just lost Taxes prosecuting this Pc Of :censored:  How much did bridge gate Coast ( Farce )

The whole thing should have been given a speedy trial rather than years to do it. most people don't even know who he is and could care less. Yet NJ keeps going with loser's  since that is whats available.    The Swap --- :stirring:  what an example ask your neighbors and Family who is running for Governor in NJ and WHEN'

My Family and Neighbors know who is running and when.  I text my republican friends the day before the election to remind them.  I have one Democrat friend that I text.  I send him a text on election day "Please remember that to keep lines down at the polls and ensure a speedy vote that Republicans vote on Tuesday and Democrats on Wednesday"

News just said it should be a matter of months. And we forgot about the underage hookers in the Dominican Republic.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/08/24/feds-say-corroborating-evidence-backed-menendez-prostitution-claims

News just said it should be a matter of months. And we forgot about the underage hookers in the Dominican Republic.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/08/24/feds-say-corroborating-evidence-backed-menendez-prostitution-claims

I think you are a scumbag calling 13 or 14 year old girls getting raped by a pedophile hookers, they are children, do you think they want to do this ?

Since there has not been an update on this case since September 6.  I thought I'd update the forum.  Right now the jury is deadlocked and was told to go home and then reconvene to deliberate again.  Some history of the charges.

The jury is considering a total of 18 counts — both men are charged with conspiracy, violating the Travel Act, three counts of honest services fraud and six counts of bribery. Menendez also is charged with making false statements by omitting Melgen's gifts from his Senate disclosure forms.

Prosecutors contend Melgen made Menendez his "personal senator," available during a seven-year period as needed, such as when Melgen was embroiled in an $8.9 million Medicare billing dispute.

So I have some simple questions.  

1. Do the guys on here that felt Christie directed the bridge closing and claimed "you know he knew" feel the same way about Menendez and that he did the crime upon reviewing the evidence?

2. Is it possible to have a "fair and impartial" jury considering the comments made by the excused juror last week?

3. Is this trial being obsessively covered like the bridgegate trial was by the NY NJ media outlets? 

Yes/no to questions and why.