• Flextone
    • Mojo
    • Cass Creek
    • Edge
    • Primos
    • Western River
    • Home Made
    • Other

I have a variety of handheld calls (which I likely just suck at using), but they have worked.

The best results have come with just lip squeaking or a FoxPro caller!

And the Mojo Critter is an awesome addition...definitely grabs their attention and keeps their eyes off you!

Because I have friends that are extremely wonderful, I have used all of the following.

Foxpro FX3

Foxpro Spitfire

Flextone HD w remote (the bigger one)

Johnny Stewarts P1 and P2

ICO GC300

and assorted mouth calls.

For foxes, you don't need anything special. A squeak toy will bring them in. For yotes, different ball game.

The Foxpros are nice, no doubt, but I was also pretty impressed with the Flextone. Great sounds, great remote.

See the remote is important. The remotes on the FP's and Flextone light up and you have to hit like a "send" button or what not, but some of the other calls like the GC-300 or JS's have exposed buttons that as soon as you hit them, the sound is going.

Maybe I'm just a bumbling idiot, but that can be terrible at times. Usually it's not a problem, but I've accidentally hit sounds I didn't want to hit while walking back from the caller to my seat, or while scanning, etc. The other night after a Foxpro Spitfire accidentally shattered on an icy road, my backup GC300 was set to take the stage. All setup....hit the button on the remote. Remote is dead....the battery in it, which should last months if not years, was dead because one or more buttons were being pressed inside my backpack for days I suppose. That wore it out. Another downfall of raised buttons.

The one thing I DO like about my GC300 though, is playing two sounds at once. I think that is a great feature.

For a beginner not looking to get in to deep $$ wise, I think the Johnny Stewarts might be the ticket. We called in a lot of animals with those before we ever got a foxpro. Next would be my ICO GC-300. After that, sky is the limit. Spend the money and get a foxpro or alphadogg or something like that.

The newest one in our stable will be a Foxpro HellFire.

Collectively, we have spent entirely too much money on predator hunting. LOL

Because I have friends that are extremely wonderful' date=' I have used all of the following.

Foxpro FX3

Foxpro Spitfire

Flextone HD w remote (the bigger one)

Johnny Stewarts P1 and P2

ICO GC300

and assorted mouth calls.

For foxes, you don't need anything special. A squeak toy will bring them in. For yotes, different ball game.

The Foxpros are nice, no doubt, but I was also pretty impressed with the Flextone. Great sounds, great remote.

See the remote is important. The remotes on the FP's and Flextone light up and you have to hit like a "send" button or what not, but some of the other calls like the GC-300 or JS's have exposed buttons that as soon as you hit them, the sound is going.

Maybe I'm just a bumbling idiot, but that can be terrible at times. Usually it's not a problem, but I've accidentally hit sounds I didn't want to hit while walking back from the caller to my seat, or while scanning, etc. The other night after a Foxpro Spitfire accidentally shattered on an icy road, my backup GC300 was set to take the stage. All setup....hit the button on the remote. Remote is dead....the battery in it, which should last months if not years, was dead because one or more buttons were being pressed inside my backpack for days I suppose. That wore it out. Another downfall of raised buttons.

The one thing I DO like about my GC300 though, is playing two sounds at once. I think that is a great feature.

For a beginner not looking to get in to deep $$ wise, I think the Johnny Stewarts might be the ticket. We called in a lot of animals with those before we ever got a foxpro. Next would be my ICO GC-300. After that, sky is the limit. Spend the money and get a foxpro or alphadogg or something like that.

The newest one in our stable will be a Foxpro HellFire.

Collectively, we have spent entirely too much money on predator hunting. LOL

[/quote']

Great post. Very informative Matty.:thumb_up:

I have a foxpro firestorm, great call and relatively beginner friendly. Has plenty of sound to it also. Hopefully post up a report later on tonight. Gonna head out around 3:30 to do some calling.

Sent from my iPhone

Good luck.

I will be at Assunpink tomorrow right after work. In the field around 5pm, probaby make 4 or four sets. Still trying for my first fox or yote.