IGNORED

New blind is huge and ready to go

LPJR

I never got nailed by chiggers in north jersey thank god. But did get nailed in NY along the Delaware and since that day I always wear hip boots in the summer when I fish there. I could never deal with them on a regular basis one time was enough me to learn. Awesome blind lots of room very cool!

Edited by hemlock

Lou are you going to brush it in any? I know you have it out weeks ahead of season and they will get used to it but it would be better brushed in some. Cut branches now and the leaves won't fall off, some will turn brown and some will stay green .

By the way the chiggers are moving north and some day you guys will have them too :shock:

Edited by Buck154

Lou are you going to brush it in any? I know you have it out weeks ahead of season and they will get used to it but it would be better brushed in some. Cut branches now and the leaves won't fall off, some will turn brown and some will stay green .

By the way the chiggers are moving north and some day you guys will have them too :shock:

When BB mentioned chiggers above, I thought he meant ticks...Looking them up now, I have not seen any in Sussex County (that I know of)...I am going to brush in the blind in the next few weeks, but please keep your chiggers down south John, lol!

Wind is definitely a problem if you get a big storm once the leaves are gone.  That area looks pretty well defended with cover though if you're only using it for fall bow.    As for stakes, I used 12" iron stakes that are about 1/2" thick rather than the cheap things that come with the blinds, this makes a huge difference.  The blind's feet will rip off (and they have) before those 12" stakes come out of the ground.  Tying off to a log is also a good idea so you dont have to go on a "blind recovery mission" at some point.  It probably wont get too far if you dont, but the bouncing off things can permanently damage the support poles.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

That blind must be huge!!  It makes you look small and that is hard to do brutha! 

It looks to be about the size of the BIg Mike / Big Mike XL, which I guess Sportsman's Guide is now knocking-off.  They are huge, and I highly recommend them.  You can sprawl out in comfort, and there's a lot of space to conceal your movement on a long sit.  Great quality too, so strong that I dont even bother with extra center support in winter, they've withstood a foot of snow, followed by rain creating an ice sheet on top and took it all in stride, zero roof collapses.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Man that thing is YUGE!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

It looks to be about the size of the BIg Mike / Big Mike XL, which I guess Sportsman's Guide is now knocking-off.  They are huge, and I highly recommend them.  You can sprawl out in comfort, and there's a lot of space to conceal your movement on a long sit.  Great quality too, so strong that I dont even bother with extra center support in winter, they've withstood a foot of snow, followed by rain creating an ice sheet on top and took it all in stride, zero roof collapses.

It is their oversized 7' tall blind.....We can even have another person inside and still be comfortable.... :up: 

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-oversized-ground-hunting-blind?a=1333037

The bottom of those windows look pretty high.  Make sure you can shoot out of it alright.

One of the first things we checked, lol. We set it up the day after it arrived in the back and he took shots out of it..... Looks high, but is very adjustable and he was shooting well out of it standing up with room to spare at the bottom of the windows..

Heck, for $79.00 with free shipping, I may even grab another one for another spot......

Edited by LPJR