IGNORED

What would the caliber ratio be between a 12 ga. and dangerous game cal.?

My father and I had an idea of a cheap way to put a double rifle together after we just watched The Ghost and The Darkness for the 1000th time, in which you take a double rifle barrel and put it on a SXS shotgun receiver, only thing is you need the double rifle barrel to match the receiver so it's flush obviously. Thus I was hoping someone on here might know the answer to such a strange question. We love Kenya and were thinking about buying a home there out in the bush in a few years and this would be a nice cheap way to keep the lions at bay :).

Edited by Sticks n' Stones2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea...but I love that movie.  Saw the lions from the real story at a museum in Chicago.  

I always thought they should've used lionesses since the real ones were maneless males. Still can't believe Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 50% rating :rant:, then again they gave Brokeback Mountain an 87% so go figure.

can't believe Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 50% rating

Are they mostly true reviews?

The animal rights nuts have a habit of 1 star reviewing anything they feel harms animals or is pro-hunting.  There are zillions of instances of this.  For instance, an aquarium in Denver has a tiger exhibit and all sorts of animal rights people who are anti-zoo hammered the place with terrible reviews (even though most had never been there) simply because they cage animals.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/downtown-aquarium-denver-2?sort_by=rating_asc

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

No safe way to do a homemade gun you described. 

My brother in Alaska has many Drillings as he is a Collector Seller of the very high end of Firer Arms As for me I have no idea what he's talking about,

When Detter Kriegoof was setting up he started in NJ and he got involved having some Guns made S By S over rifle one even with a 22 mag. tube for the Rifle part.

What is Dangerous Game  a Fox with Rabies, 

If your story of that move is near happening Ask the Locals what they Carry but don't mention that Idea you have  ;)

Drillings are not Cheap or Common in The USA

download.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

My father and I had an idea of a cheap way to put a double rifle together after we just watched The Ghost and The Darkness for the 1000th time, in which you take a double rifle barrel and put it on a SXS shotgun receiver, only thing is you need the double rifle barrel to match the receiver so it's flush obviously. Thus I was hoping someone on here might know the answer to such a strange question. We love Kenya and were thinking about buying a home there out in the bush in a few years and this would be a nice cheap way to keep the lions at bay :).

Hopefully you don't attempt to build something like this. I would like if you were to enjoy more W/W get togethers like the Black Squirrel Day at Jack's this winter, lol. Like said above a good 12 gauge foster type slug would be your best friend for one of those little Lions..

I have no clue, but if you are concerned about the lions why limit yourself to just two shot. Why not get a nice semi auto 12 gauge slug gun or a fully auto rifle if the laws allow it out there.

Edited by 3 Blade

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Well? I just checked the used gun section over at Holland and Holland, there's a great used .410 nitro for only 147,000. You can swing that right? Lol

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.