IGNORED

What's the worst gun you ever owned?

dlist777

Saw this topic on another forum and thought it was interesting....

For me, it was a Rossi rifle.  It was a rifle with a revolver action.  It came with two cylinders (interchangeable).  One in 22LR and one in 22WMR.  It was absolutely horrible.  I thought it would be a good small game / survival rifle.  

It probably had a 25 lb trigger in double action and it couldn't group at all.  I tried every brand of ammo and a couple of scopes and different rings.  I could never get it to group.  Besides wasting the money; I wasted a ton of time trying to get it worked out.  I traded it in for something else and got a fraction of what I paid for it....

What was your worst? 

I had bought a New England firearms single shot .308 for next to nothing brand new (should

Have known then) . It came with a scope , rings , and a base . Put it together couldn't get the thing to group. Replaced the base , scope , and rings and it was mediocre at best . No matter what ammo , it wouldn't group well enough to hunt with . I sold it . Come to find out they later revealed there was a huge debacle

With the barrels and their rifling on a batch and that rifle had to have been a part of it .

Berita Silver Snipe OU 12 gauge Single Trigger that is back when Garcia Mitchell Bought them out Dam thing would Fire both barrels when I loaded 00 buckshot and Kick Straight back after sending it back 3 times and Bloody trigger finger I sold it for $50 more even telling its problem. Had another one Spanish  12ga. forget the name side by side 2 trigger light as a feather and the biggest kick of any gun I ever shot.  got rid of that one fast sold it to a short Italian guy at work with who complained about the Bloody Trigger fingers he was getting. seems he was putting 2 fingers in the guard at a time one on each trigger :crazylol:

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

It would of been a Ithaca Deerslayer 12ga my father got me for my 14th birthday (1984), it wasn't accurate at all, and not made well. I still have his deerslayer which was made in the late 50s or early 60s and it's accurate and well made, as is my Ithaca model 37 20ga