IGNORED

Best crossbow for your dollar ?

With shoulder surgery rearing its ugly head soon will be in the market for a crossbow in the fall.

Now my dad shoots a styker 380 it's super fast and has a great trigger on it .

My big shoots the sniper 370. Great bow for the money just not a fan of the trigger, the trigger reminds me of a mossberg. My little guy shoots a Parker youth model, it's quiet as hell plus very compact great for hunting out of a tree stand ..

Now I don't need to break the bank and drop two grand on a new crossbow just looking for a comprasivr plan.

you can still find those KI 370FRT at around 500.

I think for the money it cant be beat.

and it has as good a trigger as can be bought.

Just watch when buying as some places are selling the KI 370 also. and that model doesnt have the friction release trigger 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

you can still find those KI 370FRT at around 500.

I think for the money it cant be beat.

and it has as good a trigger as can be bought.

Just watch when buying as some places are selling the KI 370 also. and that model doesnt have the friction release trigger 

Walnutcreekoutfitters.com still had a bunch last time I looked.

With shoulder surgery rearing its ugly head soon will be in the market for a crossbow in the fall.

Now my dad shoots a styker 380 it's super fast and has a great trigger on it .

My big shoots the sniper 370. Great bow for the money just not a fan of the trigger, the trigger reminds me of a mossberg. My little guy shoots a Parker youth model, it's quiet as hell plus very compact great for hunting out of a tree stand ..

Now I don't need to break the bank and drop two grand on a new crossbow just looking for a comprasivr plan.

If you are having surgery any time soon, consider whatever bow you get that there is a "crank option" before you buy into any particular  brand or model... The Excalibur Xbows  sure are very simple to maintain with only having one string, however if you are coming off a surgery it might not be your best choice because of draw weight... Excalibur does make a crank though and they are due for a new version sometime this fall.... Good luck with your recovery...

The answer is Excalibur. Nothing to go wrong. You never have to pay a bow shop for maintenance. I have the matrix 380 with the C2 crank aid. This is the greatest non firearm hunting tool ever made! There is Zero advantage to a compound x bow. The only "negative" people can come up with against Excalibur, is they say it's loud. This is a meaningless critizem. At 35 yards, the shot impact is simultaneous with the sound of the shot. If someone offered me to trade for a 2,000 dollar or more 10 point or scyorpid, I would say no way.

I only had on Xbow and that's last 3 years so I can't tell you if what I have is good for the money or if there are better bows out ther. I can tell you however I love my ten point stealth and I can imagine a xbow being much better

If the OP means best for a dollar on a budget, there's that CenterPoint 370 thing people rave about for the money given it's only $250.

If the OP means best for a dollar regardless of budget, Excalibur all the way.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I love my Parker F4, but you have to manually cock it.  At 165#, it's not easy to do with two good arms, so if you're having surgery, the first requirement you should have of any crossbow is a cranking system.  Someone mentioned this above, and I agree.  It would suck getting a crossbow that you can't draw the string back on.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I know your goal is to find a budget friendly crossbow, so this doesn't really answer your question, BUT

I really like crossbows with reverse limbs, they are much quieter.  

that's the next one I will be getting but not anytime soon since mine works just fine...