IGNORED

Tuna charters out of south jersey?

Didn't want to hijack jacks thread so i figured I'd throw a post up. Can anyone recommend a bluefin Or yellowfin charter boat that leaves out of south nj like cape may area? I've never done tuna before and I'd like to book something for my buddy and I this summer. Price? Time of departure? Availability? Thanks in advance

Edited by DeplorableDan

Didn't want to hijack jacks thread so i figured I'd throw a post up. Can anyone recommend a bluefin charter boat that leaves out of south nj like cape may area? I've never done tuna before and I'd like to book something for my buddy and I this summer. Price? Time of departure? Availability? Thanks in advance

Any reason why you are thinking Bluefin? Just go for tuna and end up with some Yellowfin which is better tasting any way IMO

Boats out of cape May can be on the same tuna ground as the Delaware boats. Do your research on what boats you may like or not like. Depends on how much time you have and your budget. There are boats that have cabins and couches and may go fast or not so fast. If you want a shorter trip(12-14 hours) find a big center console that can fly. Be advised you'll be sitting/sleeping on bean bags. I prefer the big CCs. They get to the tuna ground faster. I don't mind paying good money but I want to fish. Not cruise for 5-6 hours each way. All comes down to personal preference.

Nick

Boats out of cape May can be on the same tuna ground as the Delaware boats. Do your research on what boats you may like or not like. Depends on how much time you have and your budget. There are boats that have cabins and couches and may go fast or not so fast. If you want a shorter trip(12-14 hours) find a big center console that can fly. Be advised you'll be sitting/sleeping on bean bags. I prefer the big CCs. They get to the tuna ground faster. I don't mind paying good money but I want to fish. Not cruise for 5-6 hours each way. All comes down to personal preference.

Nick

Thanks for the advice, I'm definitely not looking to cruise. This might be my only tuna trip for the year and I want tuna steaks and pictures to show for it. I don't care about the comfort level, and price is what it is, as long as it's worth it. I want the boat that always catches fish, Anything in addition to that is a bonus Edited by DeplorableDan

Also, very good south is caveman sportfishing out of cape may. Actually are quite a few good charter boats in NJ. Hubris out of forked river. Northern boats....Jenny Lee, Canyon Runner....to name a few. Caveman did well this week w tuna out of cape may. Good luck. There are variables for price....a day troll or an overnighter. Anywhere from 1200-3000. Divide by up to 6 people fishing

Edited by nmc02