BHC

Broadheads For 2017/18 season

I used to buy the newest best broadheads out there, only to be disappointed, always went back to my trusty thunderheads till I used grim reapers one season and won't shoot anything else. They fly awesome and put deer down quick

Wasp drone. Shot same as field points in matrix 380. Deer fall over in 20 to 50 yards. I always look at the price of the new latest and greatest, 49.99 per 3 in the newest Cabelas catalog, a fool and their money.....

• Agree 1

I will not be switching from muzzy 100gr 3 blades for a couple reasons. They are deadly and I bought 90 of them a few years ago. 

• Agree 1

lol I swap my stuff all the time. Heck I like to do it so I can tinker with my bow and try to get better tune! But truth be told I love them rage 2.3 extreme BH! I just ordered some of the china knock off and will be testing them this summer. 

• Agree 2

I have Slick Trick Magnums, 100 gr and Grim Reaper expandelables 100 gr in the quiver for the last several years. all about the shot placement gents. Happy hunting...

Tried them all it feels like and was on a Swacker kick for a couple of years. I switched back to classic Thunderheads late last season. (100 gr)  Each deer shot dropped within necessary sight on a deer cull I was on, and I am now staying with them as is my son. (125 gr) 

Why'd you switch back from Shwackers?  I was thinking of using them this year..... did you have issues?

Why'd you switch back from Shwackers?  I was thinking of using them this year..... did you have issues?

Actually I did, but only with the last 2 deer shot with them.... (Previously I killed numerous deer with the 100 grain Shwackers without an issue).  However, the last 2 deer went further than usual leaving very little blood, surprisingly. Upon inspection, it appeared that both heads failed to open although they were brand new.....That was enough for me even though it may have been a rarity. Back to basics from now on with the Thunderhead 100s. 

Gun hunting only this year.. Still gotta work on my shoulder.. :cupcoffee:

Going to stick with the Dead Ringer line, been having excellent success with them!   Most importantly it is shot placement no matter what you use.

• Agree 1