BHC

Broadheads For 2017/18 season

Anyone trying any new broadheads for the upcoming season?  I will stick with the G5 Strikers

I have 6 VPA vented and 6 non-vented, in 125 grain. I doubt I will ever need BH's again for as long as I hunt.

Rage never let me down and in fact it took down some deer on bad shots so I will stay with Rage:-)

I have a mix in my quiver. A couple of magnus black hornets and qad exodus. Both of them are proven killers and have scored for me in the past few seasons.

I am adding one newb this year though. I won a contest on archerytalk and they sent me one of these beasts. http://bishoparchery.com/one-test-head-100-grain-proprietary-bridgeport-41l40-tool-steel-scientific-method/

I've always been curious about single bevel heads and this thing is built like a brick shithouse and has a lifetime warranty. Flies like a dart.

Edited by not on the rug

Tried them all it feels like and was on a Swacker kick for a couple of years. I switched back to classic Thunderheads late last season. (100 gr)  Each deer shot dropped within necessary sight on a deer cull I was on, and I am now staying with them as is my son. (125 gr) 

I've been using the Muzzy for 20 yrs. with a new bow set up last year I wanted to try something different, good friend said try the G5 Strikers, they fly great, and kill quick. So what the hell I tried them, and yes they flew great and killed quickly. Took a bear on opening day

• Agree 3

Been using G5 T-3's all last season and was really happy with them so no change there. But, I did pick up a new x bow recently and man, this thing is a hammer. Happiest I've ever been with my whole setup...

• Agree 1

100 grain Rockets. I've been killing deer with them for at least 17 years with the same bow too. No need to change it.

• Agree 1

I will be using VPA non vented 100 grains I switched to them last year and liked them a lot. So they will be my broadhead in the near future. 

I'm sticking with the 100 grain rocket steelhead, I've tried others, but none better.... it always provides me with short blood trails, and quickly found dead deer.

Qad exodus-trying for the first time

Spitfires- my tried and true broadheads

Slick trick mag-my go-to fix blade, we'll see if the exodus replaces them

Edited by Blend No 27

Sticking with Slick Tricks, I've been very happy with them.  

And their blades have never failed to open.  Sorry, I just had to throw that in.   :rofl:  

• Agree 1

Switched to Wasp Drones last year. Sticking with them although I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the QAD exodus or Magnus black hornet

• Agree 1

VPA's, 150g or 175g two blade, depending on which bow I'm using 

Been shooting G5 Montech for about ten years or so, every deer shot with them drooped in sight save one I hit in the shoulder joint, that was my bad, see no reason the switch, one head I have has been through something like 6-7 deer.

Grim reaper carni four

Grim reaper whitetail special

Dead Ringer freak nasty

Bear razor Heads

Edited by hammer4reel