IGNORED

Thoughts on the "protracker" for bow hunters

JHbowhunter

A detachable device with a big barbed hook that shears off your arrow and stays in your game, allowing you to radio track it.

https://pro-tracker.com/

I had to laugh at this statement -

"The Carrier and Transmitter weigh 100 grains. It’s groundbreaking design screws into the shaft, keeping the majority of the mass in the center of the arrow at the front of the shaft. The added weight gives the arrow more kinetic energy to penetrate deeper into your animal. Its location also helps keep the arrow balanced and allows the arrow to rotate to keep your shot true to your target. When your bow is drawn the carrier raises the arrow about 2 mm to help compensate for the additional weight. The system comes with practice dummies so you can make sure you’re pins are set correctly to be accurate with the system, you will not be disappointed with how the system affects your accuracy."

How is it giving you more kinetic energy when it requires energy to shear off the pin so that the transmitter sticks in the animal, thus leaving that "extra weight" on the outside of the animal and not driving all the way through the animal...?

For now, I am gonna stick with razor sharp fixed blades, and focus on SHOT PLACEMENT, and my continual goal of "drop in sight, no blood trail required", but at least having a good blood trail to fall back on.

Is the barbed device even legal in most states?

P&Y will not allow the use of such a device for any book entries...

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I think millennial hunters might like the whole "techy" thing, but I'm with you, I'd rather practice perfect shot placement with a good sharp broadhead and just watch'em fall over.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Does it come with a reel so I can reel 'um in after I hook n' barb them?  Is 40# test good enough for NJ deer?

40# test? Only if you have the drag set right!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Funny that you posted this Jack. I do know someone that had one like that years ago and shot a buck. He tracked the buck a few days. The funny this is that while tracking the buck he came up on a buck and shot it thinking it was the one he hit days before. Wasn't the same buck. Lol. He sad he learned a lot following the bucks movement for a couple weeks before the tracker died. This was not a GPS tracker. This he could ping the tracker if he got with in a certain distance of it. Was different and that was over 20 years ago.

$500., and another $100 for a new transmitter every time you still can't recovery the poorly shot deer.   :bonk:  Barbed hook, putting a transmitter on a deer, so wrong.  I'd risk getting changed, and taking my dog for a walk on a 6ft leash, first.