IGNORED

fluke closure

rgw

Rather have a Nice fried fillet flounder dinner or CrabMeat Stuffed Never really cared for Fluke.   As long as The Keyport Fishery doesn't go back to the Wafer thin fillets. they served some months ago more breading than Meat.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Rather have a Nice fried fillet flounder dinner or CrabMeat Stuffed Never really cared for Fluke.   As long as The Keyport Fishery doesn't go back to the Wafer thin fillets. they served some months ago more breading than Meat.  

I agree. I enjoy catching fluke, but as far table fare goes they are only good eats when they are stuffed with crab meat  imo.

Edited by rocky

better catch them up now, may not be a season soon. feds found nj not in compliance

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/06/new_jersey_flounder_fluke_regulation.html#incart_most-readnews

Sorry to hear about this.  It does not make sense to me to spend all the money for gas and equipment to maybe catch two fish and fish all day.  I used to fish salt water many years ago but with these regs i can't justify it.  Same with stripers. I fished all day on three separate days and caught 30 fish.  All shorts that were released.  Good fun on the water but spent over $200 on gas and tolls etc... I just can't justify it anymore unless the population improves dramatically. 

I love fluke! Breaded and lightly fried on a hard roll with onion, mayo and a bit of ketchup.

:rofl:  No wonder you love it with the breading onion mayo ketchup any fish would taste good ;). Did U forget the Hot sauce Old Bay Tatar, Sause Lemon Lettuce & Tomato along with a Cold Beer? :cheers:   

Raised in Matawan. Keyport Fishery was a great place. Now is terrible.

I agree it is by far not what it once was since it has gone thru a few owners.  I worked with the present owner at Gm he worked the Line. 

Before him and in his beginning as an Owner The Quality and Size of the fillets has gone way down as The prices have gone up but the market dictates that A month ago we got The Flounder Sandwich and  a Dinner portion size was a lot less and the Fillets were thinner than the Breading swore we would never go back but 2 weeks ago I gave in to give it one more chance it was better as to size and portions. They have fired a lot of the regular help even a long time GM guy ( Greedy )

It once was a goldmine the crowd's sill come but have gotten smaller. how long he is there  :confused: will have to be seen. 

Look what Happened to The Peters Fishery once the original owner sold.  turned to overpriced Crap.    Word has it the Keyport wants to Build across the street where the Ye Cottage Inn once stood.

The shame of it all is where is there a Great Seafood Restaurant in NJ that remains the same In and Out of Season.  Like MD-VA- NC-SC even Fla.  The Jersey dinners serve Ms.Pauls and call it seafood.  

This is nothing less than di#$ measuring contest between feds and state because  both proposals are almost identical.

Your head is deep in the sand if you think there is no decline in our fishery.

Edited by Lunatic