IGNORED

Bass on the fly

Bucksnbows

Got out on a gem of a lake nestled deep in NJ's Highlands region. My buddy and his wife have a beautiful home on the lake and I fished with my childhood buddy from about 5 until dark. The bass, pickerel and bluegills were highly cooperative which made it even more fun.

An overachiever

IMG_3639.JPG

One of the dozens of bass each we landed. Dave used both a spin and baitcast rod while I stuck with my 9 foot 7 weight fly rod.

IMG_3671.JPG

Various photos to fit the new "Rusty Rule".

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3668.JPG

IMG_3664.JPG

IMG_3659.JPG

IMG_3673.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_3671.JPG

At one point I was fishing an egg sucking leach and catching more bluegills than bass.  As I was hauling in an adult bluegill, a 4 to 5 lb bass inhaled it right in front of our eyes and the fight was on!  I had him on for some time, but the bluegill was sideways in his mouth and I knew my hook had no chance of finding the bass' mouth.  Eventually hs spit out the 'gill and all I had was a half-dead sunfish on the line.  Classic.   

great pics, thanks for sharing.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.