Woodsman416

Packing Up and Heading Out!

Wow that's so great Woodsman, best of luck, have fun, and be safe.  We can't wait to hear about your experience.  And remember, take lots of pictures.   :up:  :up:

Suddenly he's Ansel Rusty Adams  :)

But he is right, we all want to live vicariously through your hunt, so take tons of pix including any float or remote landing planes used to fly in and out, the country, the bear, your underwear after shooting the bear at close range with a bow......you know, the stuff that tells the stories.   

• Agree 3

Good luck Ken - please keep us posted with pics and updates.  Since I am a newly appointed mod, I will ban you if you don't!     Be safe, may you fulfill your dream!

I'm sitting at the airport in Seattle waiting for my connecting flight to Fairbanks. I'll post info when I can.

• Agree 3

I'm sitting at the airport in Seattle waiting for my connecting flight to Fairbanks. I'll post info when I can.

Brother Just left Fairbanks picking up supplies he is northeast of there off RT9 In Tok above Chicken.  The snow has finally melted  Good Luck

• Agree 1

Good luck and I can't believe how empty your bow case is. When I have to fly on a bow hunt I take the foam out of the case and use my hunting clothes to protect my gear. 

May 11. what happened :popcorn:  is the hunt over 

He did survive the hunt, he was on this site today!

Guys, Thanks for your concern!?? Seriously, I've been trying to get time to put together a serious dissertation on my trip and I just haven't been able to. Short version - no bear but I passed a 15 yard shot on a brown grizzly with ivory claws on my third day there. Overall it was a great trip and adventure and that's what I was looking for. Stay tuned and I'll try to start posting the story tonight.

Edited by Woodsman416
  • Agree 5

Guys, Thanks for your concern!?? Seriously, I've been trying to get time to put together a serious dissertation on my trip and I just haven't been able to. Short version - no bear but I passed a  yard shot on a brown grizzly with ivory claws on my third day there. Overall it was a great trip and adventure and that's what I was looking for. Stay tuned and I'll try to start posting the story tonight.

An adventure is right!!!  Wow!

Guys, Thanks for your concern!?? Seriously, I've been trying to get time to put together a serious dissertation on my trip and I just haven't been able to. Short version - no bear but I passed a  yard shot on a brown grizzly with ivory claws on my third day there. Overall it was a great trip and adventure and that's what I was looking for. Stay tuned and I'll try to start posting the story tonight.

Stop eating so many dang mushrooms, we wanna see some pictures.  

• Agree 1

Some pictures from Alaska....I know, I know....better late than never.

The second picture is my view from Chandalar shelf. I spent many hours glassing from this spot. Never did see a bear from here though.

I watched the Dalls ram for quite a wile. I spotted him on a mountain top to the west watched him come down the mountain, cross the haul road in front of me and headed up a mountain to the east.

002.JPG

005.JPG

013.JPG

• Agree 4

Spotted this guy on a gravel bar in the Dietrich River. We stalked up to 25 yards.

Edited by Woodsman416