IGNORED

Excalibur string

John B

Here is the deal. Spoke to Danny. The Excalibur strings sold on Amazon are made by him, but the are too long because when Excalibur made the limbs slightly shorter to resolve the limb tip issue a few years ago, they told Danny to make the strings the same length, even though he knew better. Sure enough these are the strings that keep stretching. He assured me the strings he is sending me are different then the ones on Amazon, since they are the correct length for the post re designed matrix. Since the only issue I had was stretch, these strings will be great since the are the correct length. I now know more about the string then I think I ever planned to. It all makes sense now.

Correct; that's why I was so confused, and why I mentioned that Excalibur "factory" strings are really custom strings to begin with since Miller makes them.  Better "stock" string than any other crossbow company out there!  Most people don't know that, but I was pretty sure I had mentioned that before.  Another well-known string maker if you want to try a flemish string is Don Katsumi (Boo Custom Strings), but he usually has a 6 month wait for one of his strings.  I have one of his where I picked out the colors and the whiskers, but I haven't put it on yet as the current Miller string still has a bit of life to it.  Will probably give it a whirl before hunting season.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Danny Miller string and put it on a few days ago. It came twisted and tied to the correct length. It was just over an inch brace height, has settled and sitting at 1 inch for a few days. Sure it will need a few twists after I shoot it to re site in, have high hopes for this string. Center serving is perfectly centered. it's obviously shorter than the string I bought on Amazon.

I thought his number was posted in this thread, seems to be gone. Just Google Danny Miller horizontal archery, I can find number at home tonight if you need it.

Number​ is 740 483 2312

Edited by John B