IGNORED

Your BEST wildlife pictures, POST HERE!

What lens are you using, lunatic?  I feel way underpowered for birds at 300mm, even with the 1.4xTC

I have 100-400 mm zoom lens.

I also have the 1.4 extender but I don't like using it. The auto zoom does not work with it, unless you tape some pins, and I feel you give up too much light/speed.

Sometimes I wish I had a 600 or 800 prime but then I like being mobile, so I work on getting closer to them instead. Its like hunting with a bow:-)

Edited by Lunatic

I still see reds up here in the nw corner, but they don't seem to have the same coloration

Agree with you on the 1.4 extender, lunatic.  I don't like to use it unless I have a lot of light.  Getting close to birds is all I can do, or I have to crop a lot.  Wish I had the money for a 600mm, and the newer 7DII.

15894922993_29e61abd71_h.jpgIMG_7540c by shot4u2c, on Flickr

I still see reds up here in the nw corner, but they don't seem to have the same coloration

Agree with you on the 1.4 extender, lunatic.  I don't like to use it unless I have a lot of light.  Getting close to birds is all I can do, or I have to crop a lot.  Wish I had the money for a 600mm, and the newer 7DII.

15894922993_29e61abd71_h.jpgIMG_7540c by shot4u2c, on Flickr

The best way to get close is the same way most of us hunt deer. Sit down and let them come to you

Never heard anyone call them reds. ( nice pic)