Chicken Little

Self Made Western Mount

Finished my own western mount this weekend.

2.5 years after harvest.

This was a public land 8pt taken Nov 2014 with my Barnett Crossbow with Easton bolts and Rage expandable broadheads. Ended up with a texas heart shot but went 45 yds and piled up.Jaw analysis showed a 3.5 yr old an incredible B&C score of 90 ????!

It was a personal best.

I ended up freezing for 2 yrs and then buried in my side yard for about 6 months.

Extracted from dirt...rinsed with a garden hose, boiled in dawn for about 30 minutes and the wife liked the natural color instead of bleaching, so we dried for a few days and sprayed with acrylic. Hobby Lobby had a nice board that i mounted with wire and total cost was under $20.

170408_170354_COLLAGE-1.jpg

20170408_170453.jpg

20170401_114913.jpg

• Agree 9

Nice buck Chicken Little.  I like the plaque and the natural colors of the skull, great job.   :up:  :up:

• Agree 1

Nice job and with the money you saved, you can take your wife out for a great dinner.

• Agree 1

Hard Quartering away and a weird string jump put it right up the poop shoot...i was shocked when i came up on him. I knew i hit him as i had lit knocks and could see the knock headed thru the thick stuff.