Jake23

Hunterdon County Hunting Club Looking For New Member

Hunterdon County semi-wild hunting club is looking for a safety oriented bird hunter. The club releases 500 birds over 17 stocking dates on our 143 acre property. We maintain a small roster of 16 members and requires a few work days each spring and summer to cut wood, help groom trails and post the property. We are looking for an enthusiastic person that loves bird hunting, enjoys camaraderie with a great bunch of guys and most of all is a safe hunter. It is preferable that you have your own bird dog. Dues are $850 annually. Please send email to walnutbrookprotassoc@gmail.com or message me if interested and outline what your experience is and contact information.

$850?...U do realize thats about $27 per bird per member right?., On only 143 acres?.. Plus the value added "few work days each spring and summer"? .... AND!!!.. its BYOD!!!.. .. nutnin for nuthin but,  i'd say buying a pheasant stamp from the state and hunting on stocking days or 1 day after stocking days on WMA's with your dog is by far a better deal... Plenty of "camaraderie" on stocking days, and its free... comes with the stamp...

Axiom, sometimes it isn't only about saving money. Some hunters prefer a smaller, tight knit group (club) over a free for all on public land. To each their own, but the "value" sought all depends on the hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$850?...U do realize thats about $27 per bird per member right?., On only 143 acres?.. Plus the value added "few work days each spring and summer"? .... AND!!!.. its BYOD!!!.. .. nutnin for nuthin but, i'd say buying a pheasant stamp from the state and hunting on stocking days or 1 day after stocking days on WMA's with your dog is by far a better deal... Plenty of "camaraderie" on stocking days, and its free... comes with the stamp...

To each their own..

I'd pay that if I was into bird hunting way before hunting state land

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

$850?...U do realize thats about $27 per bird per member right?., On only 143 acres?.. Plus the value added "few work days each spring and summer"? .... AND!!!.. its BYOD!!!.. .. nutnin for nuthin but,  i'd say buying a pheasant stamp from the state and hunting on stocking days or 1 day after stocking days on WMA's with your dog is by far a better deal... Plenty of "camaraderie" on stocking days, and its free... comes with the stamp...

I'm thinking you haven't bird hunted state land recently? Lol

Bird hunting is all about who has the nicest looking dog, most expensive gun and prettiest LL Bean attire isnt it? Hahaha

• Agree 1

$850?...U do realize thats about $27 per bird per member right?

That fee covers a lot more than just the cost of the birds. 

Bird hunting is all about who has the nicest looking dog, most expensive gun and prettiest LL Bean attire isnt it? Hahaha

Well then, I'm the winner !

• Agree 1

My development is 6 acres bigger 100 custom homes, Can't imagine hunting such a small area. Flush bird and it I can Fly 2-3 hundred yards or all the birds are driven off site. to next door. What is next door Open or Private.  

Why not stock the Supper Dome it covers the same + or -  :rofl:

How do 16 hunters and 16 dogs hunt on Stocking day  :headscratch:  Or does it resemble Saxton Falls on Opening day trout. Sounds more like a tower shoot

My apologies if this sounds like bashing But not exactly my Memories of Hunting. Remember That. It was Called hunting not Killing anything Harvested was a Bonus. But Then again I am Old fashion.  

But Each and every person looks at it differently just depends on when one started hunting and with Who.   :popcorn:

Edited by 1957Buck

Axiom, sometimes it isn't only about saving money. Some hunters prefer a smaller, tight knit group (club) over a free for all on public land. To each their own, but the "value" sought all depends on the hunter

" To each their own" indeed.. I cant agree with you more...  I was just suggesting  a, IMO, a just as good if not better and certainly cheaper option than the one proposed by the OP..

I'm thinking you haven't bird hunted state land recently? Lol

Well, Actually I haven't hunted in NJ in 3 years.. But I cant imagine it could get any more crowded on stocking days in the WMA's then it already was.. But the crowd only added to the Camaraderie.. I only got shot once.. And the only unfriendly guys out where the guys with their own dogs.. They hated us dogless Hunters so I would have to sneak around behind them or on the other side of a  hedge row just out of the dog owners peripheral vision and shoot what ever the dogs flushed.. Then act like it was just  ummmm incidental to my own hunt.. :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  

Nicest looking dog? LOL Then you all would lose out when Cat came out.LOL

My Ryman setter is now 12 and she still is a movie star and seen well over 2,000 birds wild and stocked in her carrier to date. I feel bad for her though we both are getting old and worn out.LOL

There's a lot of benefits being in a club especially with like minded and having enough birds. I don't know how many times my dog got the other guys their birds on stocking days. now here is the plus if you can hunt through the week you can get on your clubs most the time when others can only go on weekends and it just be you and your dog alone. One has to way it out the pros and cons its not about price unless your cheap!

If that is the case other members don't usually like that about others. Doesn't make for good business. Classic gun dogs and classic guns only way to travel.