lost9340

dirty b gobbler decoy by primos

what does everyone think about this new decoy. looks interesting and cool acting like an injured bird. just not sure yet if I should drop over $120 on another decoy. any seasoned turkey hunters out there think its gunna be worth getting

I saw that on TV and thought it was a great idea. I think it would definitely be effective. Turkeys tend to attack their own when they start flopping around like that. This past season I shot one with my bow, it started flipping and flopping around like that, and a whole gang of turkeys rushed in on it gobbling and going nuts that I didn't even know were in the area.

Two questions though, I'm not sure its nj legal if its considered a motorized/electronic decoy? Also, is there some kind of remote switch? I think it would be more effective to bring in birds hung up, not necessarily turned on like that all the time.

Two questions though' date=' I'm not sure its nj legal if its considered a motorized/electronic decoy? Also, is there some kind of remote switch? I think it would be more effective to bring in birds hung up, not necessarily turned on like that all the time.

[/quote']

It is string activated, and not electronic. So it should be legal.

I'm not sure how effective it will be for turkey hunting, but I'm willing to bet it will make an Awesome, PREDATOR HUNTING decoy. :thumb_up:

Not that Im gonna buy it but I think it will work. Last year a shot a mature tom. When the tom hit the ground and was flopping around , other toms in the feild once they got over the "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT" shock from the gunfire, saw the tom flopping and ran full seed to him and started attacking it. I mean the realy started beating the crap out of him. Feathers were flying everywhere. Even when I hollered at them they didnt stop. I had to run at them LOL. So. take that with a grain of salt.

I saw it on TV last night, $120 for that ?! not worth it

I saw it on TV last night' date=' $120 for that ?! not worth it

[/quote']

What is when you come right down to it? Birds still come in to my $15 flock of Flambeau's when I use them.