IGNORED

Hunting superstitions.

Who here has a specific superstition? I know alot of guys that have them. Whether it be tying your shoes a certain way or wearing the same hat or whatever. Post them here and let's see if anybody has the same.

I honestly don't have anything to crazy. Just like to skip the bottom step on my climbing sticks while getting into the tree. Don't ask me why because I have no idea. Now, I feel like if i don't do it, I won't see any deer lol

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

I have a my hat that I always were and it can never be washed it carrys all the mojo.And my lucky zippo lighter is with me on every hunt.my grandfather gave it to me and if I didn't have it on me I wouldn't even want to be in the stand that day.One time when I first got married my wife almost put my lucky hat in the wash man we came close to divorce haha

Hunting and fishing is not a sport to me its a way of life:rock:

I strip naked,circle my stand 3 times each way,do 7 push-ups,7 jumping jacks and 7 windmills while facing the tree. Then I climb up do 7 more jumping jacks and wind mills,offer my unborn children to the hunting gods,pull up my clothes and weapon of choice and get dressed. very good ritual,works every time,you should try it.

Hahahahaha I'm officially never hunting with Tim...or I'll just be late so I don't have to witness that! :rofl:

I honestly don't have any hunting superstitions that come to mind...I'm sure it will be interesting to hear the quirks people have.

It's always the small things...intentionally not stepping on the first step of your stick is a good one!

My dad always had a lucky hat he wore...that or he was too cheap to ever change it and refused to ever let me get him one..."Nonsense, this one is perfectly fine!" :)

Don't know if its a superstition.. But if I see deer along the roads driving to my area . I always have the gut feeling .. Ain't seeing them in the woods..

Or I must have my sock arm guard or I feel uncomfortable about drawing back?

Capt. Joe G

Sykk Physh Sportfishing

(732) 239 1404

www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com

www.jpgcharters.com

Tom,

No rap music before hunting? Just fishing? :D

Joe,

I tend to think the opposite, if I see them in yards...then I think that they haven't beat me back to their beds. If they're crossing the roads already, they may be headed back and my time is short...if it's a deadzone...they're already back. Who knows if any of it is really accurate but it's what goes through my head on my drives to the woods! :)

Mike,

C'mon man! Order is important! BTW I'm not condoning jumping jacks in the treestand! :)

I carry my Dad's knife he bought aroung 1946 or 47. I gut the first deer of the year with it and dedicate it to the old man. He died in 1985 and I never once have been hunting or fishing ever since without thinking about him.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Years ago I noticed that when I wore a certain tee-shirt, I usually killed a deer. I wore it so much that it wore out and I was also outgrowing it. To transfer the luck to a new tee-shirt, I wrap the new one in the older lucky one and leave it sit in the drawer all year till the season started again. Been doing it since high school.