IGNORED

Stoeger Condor 20 ga and similar recommendations. Parts availability for Stoeger etc

outdoorslife

Hey NJWW, I am in the market for an O/U in the price range of roughly what a Stoeger Condor goes for. So lets say $500 give or take...

What I decide on will be used for upland and trap/skeet. Nothing too serious and dont need a high end gun. I am interested in the Stoeger but would be willing to entertain others. What are your recommendations? How is finding parts for the Stoeger? These are Turkish made correct? I saw a comment on an older thread that finding parts for these Turkish guns is a PIA...is this true?

I wouldnt rule out an auto but think an O/U is the way Im going to go. So let me know what you think and as always, thanks in advance guys n gals!

Look at Tristar sporting for a little more money. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_37_1056/products_id/83625/TriStar+Sporting+12ga+OverUnder+30%22+Ported

They have other models for less but this is a dedicated clay shotgun.

I was thinking of something that will be used for pheasant hunting as well. That looks nice though. Bet it swings nice with the 30's on there

Edited by outdoorslife

• 6 months later...

Wanted to bring this back to life and say thanks for the suggestions. I ended up buying a Stevens 555 in 20ga. So far so good. Cant wait to shoulder it on a flush!

Think you made a good choice. I was going to say spend the little extra for a Stevens or CZ and you might be better off in the long run. Even though my CZ is a sxs it's a great gun and wish I bought another one before they discontinued that model

Think you made a good choice. I was going to say spend the little extra for a Stevens or CZ and you might be better off in the long run. Even though my CZ is a sxs it's a great gun and wish I bought another one before they discontinued that model

Thanks. I was between CZ and the Stevens. The Stevens just "felt right" to me when I shouldered it. The only problem is they spelled it wrong...

"Who's O/U is that?"

"Its Stephens Stevens" 

Haha!