Palawman30

NJ Predator Hunters Assoc.... MEMBERSHIP IS FREE.......

The meeting at Assunpink was held yesterday in that driving snowstorm.

Id like to thank Andrew Burnett NjDCNR predator biologist for giving a great presentation on the Nj coyote and its expansion throughout the entire state.

The big take away from the meeting was there is a voice in numbers. The state is willing to listen to sportsman. There is an existing South jersey Predator hunters association that if anyone is interested in joining please contact me.

We need members to form central and Northern chapters. Membership is free!

It was explained to us that to have 3 predator chapters across the state will give predator hunters a voice in future season changes and weapons changes.

If we can put together a well thought out presentation on why the coyote season is to short and why the regulations are confusing the state will listen.

I can provide the studies but we need members!

this isn't about trying to eradicate coyotes. That's not going to happen, they are here to stay. This is about establishing common sense rules and regulations for Nj hunters to help control a predator population.

Anyone who has an interest in predator hunting please join a South, Central or Northern chapter.... .

PM ME for particulars and phone number of member handling applications.

here is the facebook page......

http://www.facebook.com/njgamecontrol/

Edited by Palawman30

I am ready to get a central chapter going. I will volunteer all the spare time I have. Just tell me were and when and I'll be there.

PM sent ongetting a north chapter up and running.

Thanks,

SS!

Ditto....Hook  (South Jersey)

Edited by Capt Hook

Iggy has volunteered to organize the Central Chapter Joe. Think his screen name is Iggysport or something like that. Anyone north, south, or central that needs anything pm me. Organization is key. We will need to register or join the new jersey federation of sportsman I think. And have a member at their monthly meeting. Each chapter will need a President, Secretary, and Treasurer. I heard we need 100 members and are already at 70. We will need a meeting place so if anyone can get their local VFW or Elks to supply a meeting hall once a month for a reasonable price that would be a great help. All this stuff I am saying is just things I know we had to do to become a club in the New Jersey Bass Federation. It may or may not apply to us.

The thing is we will have a voice. When F&W has a question on anything Predator Hunting they will now have a source to go to. I am very excited about this as you can see. We can really make a difference. :up:

• Agree 1

Steve

You are correct...

We did have some reps from the federation there Saturday. Everyrhing is good to go just have to hit at least 25 members for each zone..

South group is good and growing.

Just need to organize members from central and North Jersey.

The state appeared very open and responsive to changing some of the Predator regs to simplify and maybe add some Predator seasons.

We will have to be prepared with good info and arguments to make any changes that will be beneficial to Predator hunters.

I talked to Ted tonight Joe. Said central chapter which will now be known as CJPHA LOL has 18 registered members. I know of two more that are calling tomorrow. 25 should be an easy mark to reach.

I remember when the NJ Wild Turkey Federation started. There was no internet back then and they got it going by word of mouth. There are Turkey everywhere today and the work they did had a direct influence on that. Of course there was an occasional rubbing of elbows but they worked it out. I am proud to say my Father was one of the founding members.

I hope this can be the same success story. I can tell you this won't be easy. In Theory it is but to actually do it will take a lot of dedication from just a few. But I promise it will be worth it. First order of business is membership. Pass the word around. I think our chapter will be made up of Clubs. That is how the BASS federation worked. They had a minimum number you needed in your club and you joined the chapter. Still working on a name for ours. Our club with BASS was "Basskickers". Foxkickers don't work. LOL. "Dirt Nap Boys" but what if we get a girl to join?

Then it hit me like a brick.................... "The Over the Hill Gang".   :happywave:

Edited by Stevo
  • Agree 1

Central NJ here and I'd like to find out how to join . My buddy would join also.

Watch for a PM. Palawman is giving the number out in PM's. Call and give Ted your info and your in.

Edited by Stevo

I talked to Ted tonight Joe. Said central chapter which will now be known as CJPHA LOL has 18 registered members. I know of two more that are calling tomorrow. 25 should be an easy mark to reach.

I remember when the NJ Wild Turkey Federation started. There was no internet back then and they got it going by word of mouth. There are Turkey everywhere today and the work they did had a direct influence on that. Of course there was an occasional rubbing of elbows but they worked it out. I am proud to say my Father was one of the founding members.

I hope this can be the same success story. I can tell you this won't be easy. In Theory it is but to actually do it will take a lot of dedication from just a few. But I promise it will be worth it. First order of business is membership. Pass the word around. I think our chapter will be made up of Clubs. That is how the BASS federation worked. They had a minimum number you needed in your club and you joined the chapter. Still working on a name for ours. Our club with BASS was "Basskickers". Foxkickers don't work. LOL. "Dirt Nap Boys" but what if we get a girl to join?

Then it hit me like a brick.................... "The Over the Hill Gang".   :happywave:

I like Outfoxers......lol

Next NJ PREDATOR HUNTERS MEETING Tuesday March 7th 7pm .Goodsports Gun Club 53 Union Rd Millville NJ.