smoking gun

Who's gonna hunt winterbow??

I may, my freezer is topped off and I'll have plenty once I get my doe back from the butcher.

If I do decide to go, I'll be going with my longbow to see if I can get one with it.

I may, my freezer is topped off and I'll have plenty once I get my doe back from the butcher.

If I do decide to go, I'll be going with my longbow to see if I can get one with it.

go for a Racker now
  • Agree 1

I can't remember the last time I hunted winter bow, but this season I'm itching to go

• Agree 1

I can't remember the last time I hunted winter bow, but this season I'm itching to go

I love winter bow the woods are quiet it's cold and the deer are more alert and skittish which makes it alot challenging

Had a big doe at 50 yards. But wasn't certain if it was a doe or a shed buck. Then had a 6pt come in at 10 yards. Not what I'm looking for though. So the hunt continues. Off tomorrow for the holiday observed and Sussex is forecast for snow starting at 8 am. So I'll hunt the morning hoping they move before the weather.

Very disappointed in the latest issue of Deer and Deer Hunting. I thought they featured an article on our Smoking Gun. Then I find out otherwise. Bummer!

20161229_164707.jpg

20161229_164654.jpg

• Agree 3

I will be and really need to refill the freezer. The 4 my son and I got are almost gone already. I think I had more in the freezer in July than I do now and only got two last year. Making Venison poppers now and will be out in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took my son to our blind earlier to try to get him a shot with the bow. Nothing worse than hearing a chain saw winding up on the adjoining property like tonight when we parked the car.... 

We sat just in case but never saw a tail which was expected after hearing the activity.

If I go winter bow, I think I would rather take a coyote over a deer

• Agree 2

I was out this afternoon not expecting to see much as the one buck I'm after has been nocturnal since 6 day. Wouldn't you know it he showed up with another six and gave me an opportunity..... Which I took advantage of!!!! Story to be posted soon!

image.jpg

• Agree 9

I sat tonight.  Right at dark I had a decent basket 6 ptr at 40 yards.  But that was as close as he was gonna get.  Have seen some big bucks that made it through the year so far.  I will be taking a half day friday from work and hunting saturday afternoon also.  I need one more deer for the freezer.  This time of year I only shoot horned deer, but that is just me.

• Agree 1

I sat tonight.  Right at dark I had a decent basket 6 ptr at 40 yards.  But that was as close as he was gonna get.  Have seen some big bucks that made it through the year so far.  I will be taking a half day friday from work and hunting saturday afternoon also.  I need one more deer for the freezer.  This time of year I only shoot horned deer, but that is just me.

Best of luck with one of those bucks njbowhntr.   :up:   

Can't wait to get out. Only trouble I have with Winter bow is balancing it with ski season. I live for winter.

Was out this morning in the rain. Well set up but still that cold and wet manages to make its way in. Somebody remind me next time just not worth it in the rain. And don't trust weathermen. "a few showers" my A#@.  :down:

I'll be out this afternoon with LPJR, it looks like the rain should let up for the last few hours.  It could be a good afternoon.