IGNORED

Very poor customer service/butcher

LPJR

Its very simple. Either you deal with it or not. What did Forrest Gump say about life being like a box of chocolates? You never know what you are going to get.... The best part of that is you learn along the way to what is good or bad. The thing is there are never any chocolates left in the box.

I'm surprised at what I'm reading. I don't doubt anybody here, but personally I've had nothing but good dealings with him. Spoke to him on the phone 3 times and dropped 1 deer off. He always spoke like a gentleman and even gave me a bunch of stuff to try when I went to pick up

He gave me crap about skinning and quartering bears for customers this year's. Even called me on Tuesday of early bear week and told me to stop! Haha.....then gave a customer crap on Saturday because he brought him a quartered bear to butcher. Told my customer he may have to " visit" me in person. The customer told him. " not sure if that is going to be a good idea" No use for him in my book. He needs to worry about himself and not others.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This clown sounds like a real A**hole!

Good butcher or not just based on all these reports I would never give him my business!

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

He gave me crap about skinning and quartering bears for customers this year's. Even called me on Tuesday of early bear week and told me to stop! Haha.....then gave a customer crap on Saturday because he brought him a quartered bear to butcher. Told my customer he may have to " visit" me in person. The customer told him. " not sure if that is going to be a good idea" No use for him in my book. He needs to worry about himself and not others.

Charlie that's because he charges $150 to skin a bear but first weighs it withers the hide on and then charges you an additional $1 a pound to butcher it. I went there with a buddy and when he said $450 to skin and butcher I laughed in his face. I understand everyone deserves to make a fair living but seriously Lol.

Jorge may be a bit tough sometimes,but look at his facility. Clean walk-in cold box and freezer. His regular cut is only 75 bucks. I've been changed 90-100 by other butchers and had to drop the deer off in a dirty garage or barn. One guy even had a box outside that everyone just piled their deer into until it got cut,no matter what the temps were.

I call him before I drop off or pickup. Never a problem

Has he busted my balls about a bad shot ,yes. But guys bust each other's balls that's what we do.

He's cut my last 12 deer every one had good yeild(even the one that was hit in the ham with 00) and every one was quality packed and labeled.

If you don't want to pay for sausage,don't get it. If you think he charges to much for your bear don't use him. If you're thin skinned don't go there but the guys work is second to none in our area and I've tried quite a few around here over the years

Yes Joe, we know who he is. _________ & sons. Good work I hear but a real hard Guy to deal with

What ever happened to Lou & sons at Totowa Bait & Tackle on Albion ave in Paterson......He started out in Wayne then when he got divorced moved his operation to the Paterson place in the 1980's. In the 1970's he was possibly the only butcher processing deer in North Jersey. At least the only one I knew about.

I always suspected that he mixed and matched customers deer. With him I would often get more meat than I expected from a 75 pound doe and less than I expected from a 150 pound buck

However, he used to make sausage as good as Jorge, but the last time I used him (about 15 years ago) he couldn't make sausage anymore so I starting looking for a new butcher.

I have been using Jorge since he was in Rockaway. Yes he is grumpy, but his sausage is awesome and his other cuts are excellent as well.

I have heard good things of Brian Laube in North Haledon. He is a lot closer to home for me. Does anyone know if he makes sausage? The year before last I called him when I had a buck in the bed of my truck and got voicemail so I went to Jorge instead. Brian called me back that evening, but my buck was already at Jorge's

Edited by 230jhp